Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,863   Posts: 1,583,183   Online: 779

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Of course! Of my seven Nikons currently on the "active roster," four are F2s: an F2AS, an F2A and a pair of "plain" F2s (DE-1) - all with MD2/MB1 drives. The F2AS and F2A are usually loaded with E100G and E100VS respectively (the bodies still trusted enough to shoot chrome); the F2s with Tri-X/HP5. And, should any of the bodies ever develop problems, I have a pair of F2 bodies (i.e. finder-less) as potential donor cameras...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm waiting for my F (1967) to give up the ghost before I 'move up' to an F2. But I'm sure it will outlast me. I was out with it last night taking shots of a spectacular sunset with one of my favorite lenses, a Nikkor 35mm f2.0 AI.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just got my F2 Photomic about a month ago and have used it quite a bit. I always wanted one and so now I have one. I have quite a few film cameras and try to rotate them so they all get some "regular" use. I was shooting a couple of F3HPs when I got the F2 -- on color and one B&W. I must say I really love the F2.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Art

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It was the camera I dreamed about for over a decade before finally getting a used one, but I never managed to reach the artistic/content results I had with the F I used until then.
    Strangely, while those results were technically impeccable, I never took a really good picture with my F2...

Both F & F2 were finally put into retirement by my Leicaflexes, which work dreamily at all levels.
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Shooter
    35mm
    My F2S predates me by twelve years! Hands down my favorite camera, but I recently aquired an F3HP at a price I couldn't refuse (free). As I put the F3 through its paces, it's interesting to note the evolutionary changes Nikon made. I suppose for hardworking pros in the '80s, the F3 probably made their lives easier overall.

But for me, the F2 remains my number one; really the only complaint I have is that I'm afraid of getting it wet (I don't use a flash, otherwise that might be another complaint). Besides that, it feels as though Nikon made it specifically for me. It fits my hands and my shooting style PERFECTLY. I almost always have the MD-1 attached, and my favorite focusing screen is the E.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I have one of these, as I thought it the best Nikon ever made. Because it has a shutter speed of 1/4000 I am using it to try and get a panning shot with a distorted wheel like Jacques Henri Lartigue. But don't yet know if this is possible.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    I have one of these, as I thought it the best Nikon ever made. Because it has a shutter speed of 1/4000 I am using it to try and get a panning shot with a distorted wheel like Jacques Henri Lartigue. But don't yet know if this is possible.
    You need a vertically travelling slit to duplicate a Lartigue photo. Get a Graflex or a Speed Graphic, it's pretty easy. The F2's top shutter speed was 1/2000 BTW.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    You need a vertically travelling slit to duplicate a Lartigue photo. Get a Graflex or a Speed Graphic, it's pretty easy. The F2's top shutter speed was 1/2000 BTW.
    Sorry, I mean the FM2.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I guess my old F2 isn't quite out of date yet.

I found 3 rolls of Fuji Pro 160, in my freezer. Expires 2014.
    I found 2 rolls of XP-2

I better use it up.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    Your FM2 with the high shutter speed of 1/4000 does have a vertically travelling slit but since it has 1/200 (fm2) flash sync speed and that means the shutter curtain travels very fast and reducing the distortion you wanted to almost none.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin