Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,915   Posts: 1,556,298   Online: 909

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My main camera is the F2 Photomic.

Although I got a Canon F1 from my Grandfather recently with a MUCH larger assortment of lenses and accessories, I still prefer the feel and use of the Nikon for some reason.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    I wish I'd never gotten rid of mine. With the plain prism they had great balance and were such sweet, simple machines.

The F with plain prism has a similar feel and balance.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a black F2 Photomic and a chrome F2 with a meterless prism. One or the other get used at least weekly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I do, two with DP-1 meter heads (one black, the other chrome) and a black F2S.
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    35mm
    I haven't used one since 1984 when someone stole my F2AS. I would probably still use it often today if I still have it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The F2 when coupled with the motor drive is an impressive looking machine. I've never owned or used the motor drive, and I have a F4s so I likely don't need another camera with a motor drive, but one day I'll get one anyway.

Any preferences for a motor drive? MD-1, MD-2 ??

Geelong & Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Ah yes...the Photomic. The only problem is you have to replace the nuclear pellet inside it every 650 years.

A what?
    Where!?
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Goutiere View Post
    The F2 when coupled with the motor drive is an impressive looking machine. I've never owned or used the motor drive, and I have a F4s so I likely don't need another camera with a motor drive, but one day I'll get one anyway.

I would say get the MD-2. I was still my dream to have the F2 with the MD-2/MB-1 combo. As far as real performance the MD-2 isn't as great as the MD-4 for the F3.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    A what?
    Where!?
    In there somewhere. It's quite small. You don't have to worry about it until sometime after the year 2600. I'm sure Sover Wong will have replacements.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Goutiere View Post

The MD-2 has a plastic gear that loves to self-destruct. Get an MD-1 or consult Sover Wong for an easy fix for the MD-2. I have an MD-1; it's damned heavy but I can't imagine life without it, mostly because I like having a hand grip (I don't use a camera strap; my camera needs to be in my hand, ready to go, or else it doesn't get used).

If you can get a battery pack with the AA holders, lithium batteries work great. They make the camera top-heavy though.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin