Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,924   Posts: 1,556,687   Online: 1152

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LJSLATER View Post
    Did the gears in your MD-3 break?

I LOVE lithium batteries. I started using them for their lighter weight, but they also seem less likely to leak.
    Also, Sover Wong recommends using the CR 1/3N lithium-manganese 3 volt cell in the F2 bodies. Doesn't sweat, so no chance of corrosion. Both my F2's have them. As does my FM2n. All my motor drives, including the F-36, have lithiums in them. As does my SB-26.

Re: the gears on the MD-3, Sover can fix that, or supply the parts necessary to permanently fix the issue. His brass gears. The auto rewind featue is nice, but it really isn't much faster than just spinning the crank. I can't remember the last time I used that feature on an MD-1 or MD-2.

-J
    APUG: F2AS x2, F, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 20/3.5 UD, 50/1.4 AI, 80-200/4.5 AI, 85/1.8 K, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    35mm
    Did the gears in your MD-3 break?

I LOVE lithium batteries. I started using them for their lighter weight, but they also seem less likely to leak.
    nope, not gears--contacts or coils: worked upside down or on the side, just not the right side up

Shooter
    35mm
    ^ That's funny but sad.

My F2 stopped working the other day; I'm quite upset about it. I'm not sure what happened, but I think the motor drive may have been seated improperly and jammed the shutter. It won't budge. Plus, the film in the camera tore in half when I tried to rewind it. I'm in contact with Sover, and may send it to him. Unfortunately, if the shutter is dead, I think it's more economically feasible to replace the whole body.

So bummed. It's been my daily shooter for a couple of years now. I guess I'm lucky to have backup cameras available (F3HP and FM2N). So it could be worse.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ^ That's funny but sad.

My F2 stopped working the other day; I'm quite upset about it. I'm not sure what happened, but I think the motor drive may have been seated improperly and jammed the shutter. It won't budge. Plus, the film in the camera tore in half when I tried to rewind it. I'm in contact with Sover, and may send it to him. Unfortunately, if the shutter is dead, I think it's more economically feasible to replace the whole body.

So bummed. It's been my daily shooter for a couple of years now. I guess I'm lucky to have backup cameras available (F3HP and FM2N). So it could be worse.
    I disagree. It likely more economically feasible, at least in the long run, to have a full CLA on that body and the shutter replaced. Then you'll have a perfectly functioning F2 that should last years and years. Who knows what issues lie in a different F2 replacement of which you have no idea of its past? First is more expensive now but pretty much a sure thing. Second is cheaper now but a crap shoot gamble and often more expensive long term.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I have the Nikon FM2N which i used it on a regular basis.

Shooter
    35mm
    I just used my F2 with the non-metered prism last weekend with TMAX 100...developed in PMK. Awesome!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just got my hands on a F2 for the first time yesterday. I was blown away. The construction is unparalleled in 35mm cameras I've used (never held a Leica, sorry).

The aperture coupler for the prism is sticky when stopping down from 5.6, but someone is kindly replacing the prism free of charge. I can't wait to take it for a spin.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by heterolysis View Post
    I just got my hands on a F2 for the first time yesterday. I was blown away. The construction is unparalleled in 35mm cameras I've used (never held a Leica, sorry).

The aperture coupler for the prism is sticky when stopping down from 5.6, but someone is kindly replacing the prism free of charge. I can't wait to take it for a spin.
    Welcome to the F2 side!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    After reading all these accolades to the F2, I think I'll get one.

Get one, that is, when my F wears out.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have two Nikon Fs... But I don't have an F2... yet!

I was out with my F at the weekend and I met a friend who was out busking on the seafront. He used to be a photographer with The Times newspaper and we had a good chat about Nikons. He didn't have anything good to say about the F4 though as his fell to bits just out of warranty. A call to Nikon UK soon got him a replacement though but only after he suggested he was going to switch to Canon!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin