Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,671   Online: 1180

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    I have two Nikon Fs... But I don't have an F2... yet!

I was out with my F at the weekend and I met a friend who was out busking on the seafront. He used to be a photographer with The Times newspaper and we had a good chat about Nikons. He didn't have anything good to say about the F4 though as his fell to bits just out of warranty. A call to Nikon UK soon got him a replacement though but only after he suggested he was going to switch to Canon!

Steve.
    I've been using an F or a Nikkormat as my more-or-less daily vade mecum camera for about 15 years.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi,
    Nice of you to ask. It happens so that I took out my Nikon F2 Pothomic S after 5 years and it is still alive.
    It felt like finding an old good friend again. I loaded it with film, hooked it up with an very old 35 mm lens
    and will take it out for a spin this weekend. I love shooting film with manual cameras.

Unfortunately, my Nikon F5 and F4s seemed to have died after all these years of not using the cams.
    I put in fresh batteries but it didn't do anything.
    However, a F501 does work with the batteries. I'll see if I can find someone who can check these two
    cameras for me (in Holland) ....
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Agree with you that the f2 is a very good camera. It is perhaps the most versatile one of the 35 mm models. Did you ever use an Alpa 10d? It is a legend of mechanical precision, no comparison with the f2. Try it out.

Shooter
    35mm
    This morning I got the first film back taken with the 1976 F2 with DP1 that I got off ebay last month. Am very pleased with the results so put me down as another F2 user
    David.

NAS sufferer with far too much Nikon kit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 1+2äugig View Post
    Agree with you that the f2 is a very good camera. It is perhaps the most versatile one of the 35 mm models. Did you ever use an Alpa 10d? It is a legend of mechanical precision, no comparison with the f2. Try it out.
    The Alpas are indeed incredible. They set a standard of mechanical precision that few ever equalled and none surpassed. And the best of the Kern lenses are to optics as the Alpa is to mechanics.
    But the F series cameras have one huge advantage over the Alpas - I can afford them. What I have spent on my F, a half dozen lenses, an Ftn Nikkormat, and accessories wouldn't buy me a clean user 10d body.

Shooter
    35mm
    F2A and FM both get used every week.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Last year I bought a black F2 Photomic. This past spring I got a chrome F2AS with a defective meter and sent it to Sover Wong for complete overhaul. I've ran about 4 rolls thru the Photomic and so far just one test roll in the AS after it got back from Sover. The AS is awesome-metering down to 10 sec and I prefer LEDs to match needle as it's easier to see in low light. I have so many film cameras that I'll probably never use any one regularly. However, I do plan on using the AS more than my other 35mm bodies in the near future.
    Bill

Pentax 645, Pentax 6X7MLU, and many Nikons-F2 Photomic F2AS FM2N N2000 N6000 N6006 Nikomat FTN

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Mine's a bit of a beater - a £60 body that was re-covered in griptac by a previous owner, and sports a battered DE finder - but it regularly rides along with me, especially whenever I think I'll need a camera that can handle a few knocks.

I've just treated it to a 5.8cm f/1.4 Nikkor-S, and a 10.5cm f/2.5 Nikkor-P.

Images
    I just got a black F2AS w/ 50mm f1.4 in excellent + condition from the NM Unclaimed Property auction that was just held. For some reason there was not a lot of bidding on this group (also had a ex+ Minolta 110 Zoom). Paid $100 for everything. Now just need to go and shoot.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    F, F2, F3, use 'em all the time.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin