Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,022   Online: 1008

Page 1 of 18 123456711 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Does anyone still use their Nikon F2 regularly?

I remember buying my first Nikon F2, used, in 1985. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven.
    Occasionally I take it out as a second body to My F3 or F4, but for the most part it sits on a shelf.

It's not that I use a lot of 35mm these days preferring my medium format cameras and their great negatives, but I wonder if
    perhaps I should use the F2 a bit more.

Does anyone use their F2 on exclusively or on a regular basis?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nikon-F2-1.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	55057

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a F36 and a F2 always loaded. The last All Mechanic Cameras.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Purchased an F2 Plain prism in 1974. Still my main "Axe".
    Two F2 Photomics— my wife's— also in our stable ( Used without battery, as the meter needle is difficult to see )

The last Adult Nikon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you enjoy using the camera, by all means use it often. All mechanical cameras benefit from some regular use. I remember getting my first F2 back in 1973, just a couple of years after they came out. I'd been using a Nikon Ft, and came across a heavily used F2 from a press photographer, who wanted to upgrade to an F2s. I couldn't believe how brassed up this camera was, but the price was right! I liked my Nikon F, but appreciated F2's hinged back, and the repositioned shutter release. I took a lot of great pictures with it and my 50mm f2 lens, and eventually got 35 f2 and a 105 f2.5, and oh yeah, the infamous 43-86mm. I still have 3 F2's which I love to use. I have F's, F3's, FM's an F4 and some various Nikkormats, and like using them all, but the F2 will always be my favorite. It's an incredibly well built, strong camera that's easy to use. Only downside is that the meters are starting to fail on some of the older cameras, and parts for them are hard to come by. Remember these cameras were strapped to Evil Knievel's motorcycle, and survived his crash over the Snake River Canyon! Tough little buggers. So take it for a spin once and while and have some fun using one of the best mechanical cameras ever made.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, 3 of them. Still going strong!
    ________

Regards
    Folker

MonoArt - fine photographs

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bought my F2 new in 75 and have not used it for years. The slow shutter speeds are very slow so i need to get it serviced before i can use it again which i will just because i have had it for so long.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Goutiere View Post
    I remember buying my first Nikon F2, used, in 1985. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven.
    Occasionally I take it out as a second body to My F3 or F4, but for the most part it sits on a shelf.

It's not that I use a lot of 35mm these days preferring my medium format cameras and their great negatives, but I wonder if
    perhaps I should use the F2 a bit more.

Does anyone use their F2 on exclusively or on a regular basis?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nikon-F2-1.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	55057
    Hell no. An F is my main 35mm camera, made in 1968.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    The Nikon F2 was without doubt the absolute best camera that Nikon ever made. A slightly refined version of the fabulous F, I would venture to say it is the very best 35mm camera ever made, but it would have to compete with the Leica M4. Maybe the best 35mm SLR then. My two Nikon F2s have been dragged through jungles, frozen in the Andes the Sierras and the Rockies, and blasted by the scorching heat in Death Valley and The Painted Desert. Never (ever) did they give me any grief when I needed to make a photograph. They served me well every day of my professional career for over twenty five years, and I still use them to this day.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by M Stat View Post
    The Nikon F2 was without doubt the absolute best camera that Nikon ever made. A slightly refined version of the fabulous F, I would venture to say it is the very best 35mm camera ever made, but it would have to compete with the Leica M4. Maybe the best 35mm SLR then. My two Nikon F2s have been dragged through jungles, frozen in the Andes the Sierras and the Rockies, and blasted by the scorching heat in Death Valley and The Painted Desert. Never (ever) did they give me any grief when I needed to make a photograph. They served me well every day of my professional career for over twenty five years, and I still use them to this day.
    A reasonably clean F2 with one of the metered prisms is on my "to get" list; the right one at the right time just hasn't presented itself.
    Based on doing internal work on both, I put the F in the Leica class as to manufacture and materials.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I use my F2 plain almost exclusively with my 35 f/2.8 PC Nikkor which is IMHO as good a 35 as was ever made, my 105 f/2.5 Nikkor is on my FM and my Summicron is on my M3.... life is complete

Page 1 of 18 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin