Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,649   Online: 1067

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i hate cutting negatives ... 6x6, 6x9, 1/2 frame, 35mm
    its a pain .. but i use old scissors stolen from my mothers sewing basket
    and a newer pair of scissors i found a few years ago they just ended up in the darkrom.
    i just hold the film to the light, and cut .. its not really rocket science .. and if i screw-up, oh well ..
    thats a great reason for shooting sheet film, you don't have to cut the negatives, unless you are
    shooting split frame ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    i hate cutting negatives ... 6x6, 6x9, 1/2 frame, 35mm
    its a pain .. but i use old scissors stolen from my mothers sewing basket
    and a newer pair of scissors i found a few years ago they just ended up in the darkrom.
    i just hold the film to the light, and cut .. its not really rocket science .. and if i screw-up, oh well ..
    thats a great reason for shooting sheet film, you don't have to cut the negatives, unless you are
    shooting split frame ...
    Well that makes one easy thing bout sheet film.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My bran' neu Dr T film cutter is winging its way from the US of A to my lightbox. This should be interesting... Many other uses for my not-quite-redundant Fiskars... trimming my goatie and mo' with lethal accu--ouch!
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    35mm
    I leave the cutting to the missus, my hands are too big for that kind of stuff.
    http://street-photos.net/ | http://felinik.com/ | http://www.facebook.com/jf.felinik

"The one with the most stuff when he dies wins"

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nige View Post
    well done! my searching abilities obviously need work... however my memory isn't to bad!
    My memory is fine also, but where I have a problem is with recall.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I just recalled something pertinent to this thread. Way back when I was shooting 35mm, I noticed that the frames sometimes had a narrower space between them than other frames, making it more difficult to cut the strips. I finally discovered that the narrow spaces occurred when adjacent frames were made using wide angle lens, and longer lenses left wider spaces. The camera's "mask" in front of the film was a constant width and a finite distance from the film. When a wide angle lens was used, being closer to the film, it projected a wider image onto the film (wider than the mask).

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin