Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,928   Posts: 1,585,182   Online: 693

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    Hey
    I have one that has a 394 battery ( watch battery or hearing aid battery, no sure ) and one that has a 400 battery that is still good. I normally don't use the meter but all 6 that I have working good, the meters work fine. When I went through them, about the only thing I had to do on the meter circuit was clean the batt. dept good and expecially the screw on cap for good contact. Then while inside, I cleaned the contact on the bottom side and deoxized the variable resistor in the top. Then installed the battery and took a gray card and turned the resistor until it centered the scale. I took the main reading to go by with a hand meter that I know was good.
    I used music valve oil on the working parts.
    They work very smooth. I don't like cameras that try to control me instead of me controling them.
    New seals are coming tomorrow and I'll finish up with them.
    Lexington is not far from me. Maybe we can get together sometime and meet. Or if you are up this way to the mountains, give me a shout and we can meet. I live close to Morganton.

Thanks
    Richard
    I go thru Morganton quite often on my job (truck driver) & always wanted to take a day trip on a Saturday & visit some sites, especially in the Valdese area. A meet would be great. I'll grab that 394 battery. I know that the meter works but not sure of it's accuracy. Thanks for the tip on repair & adjustment if needed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burk View Post
    Remind me again, how did Pentax get away with it? Spotmatic was neither.
    Averagematic just didn't have the same ring to it.

At least it was not as far-fetched as Photomic!
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gb hill View Post
    I go thru Morganton quite often on my job (truck driver) & always wanted to take a day trip on a Saturday & visit some sites, especially in the Valdese area. A meet would be great. I'll grab that 394 battery. I know that the meter works but not sure of it's accuracy. Thanks for the tip on repair & adjustment if needed.
    Hey
    I am about 10 minutes from Valdese. I live off of hwy. 18 east of Morganton. Let me know what Sat. you are wanting to come and I'll try to meet you some where in Valdese. Nice and pretty good scenes in and around there. South Mountains is not far from there. Valdese is all most like a Mayberry RFD in the town area. Watch the speed limit. I think up town it is either 15 or 20 mph. You will get a ticket if you aren't careful.

Richard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin