Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,830   Online: 801

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Well, darn it. NOW I really want it.

So last night I'm browsing KEH.com. I already put into my cart a Fuji GA645 flash bracket I'd been looking for and a couple of Contax lens pouches, but of course if I'm going to pay for shipping it's only prudent to see if there's anything else I might.....need.

I come across a BGN grade 135/2.8 Sonnar for Contax mount for a marked down price of $133. Wow. That's a very good price. That would be so nice to use on my RTSII or RX. Had told myself in the past I do not need this lens. I already have three awesome lenses that are near, or cover, or at about this range: 85/1.4 Planar, the 180/2.8 Sonnar, and the amazing 100-300 Vario-Sonnar zoom. The 135/2.8 is good, VERY good, but not over the top spectacular as the other three are known. But it is a focal length I really like, and for only $133?? Almost a no-brainer. So I add it to my cart.

As I continue browsing I'm thinking, hmmmm, you know, I do not really need to have that 135 maybe I should remove it from the cart. But of course before I finalize things and after finding nothing else I want on the site I decide I might as well get it. So I hurry to check out before I change my mind and the cart has a ZERO for quantity box of the 135 Sonnar. What the heck? Change the quantity box to 1 and refresh. Nope back to zero and a message saying the quantity I want is larger than they have available. The heck?? Someone ELSE bought it out from under me only seconds ago! Well, NOW I REALLY WANT IT! Argh! haha....
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ain't that the pits. I've bought a lot of things from KEH and have never been dissapointed in what I got. The prices are a lot better than the big store auction site.

Hope you find one.

Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    Ain't that the pits. I've bought a lot of things from KEH and have never been dissapointed in what I got. The prices are a lot better than the big store auction site.

Hope you find one.

Richard
    No, no. You don't understand I don't need that lens.........do you know where there is one??

Thanks.
    -----------------------

Richard S.

My Photography Website

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Trust me, be glad it was stolen out from under you. Without a standard of comparison, it IS a nice lens, but you'll quickly find with the other lenses in your arsenal that it is a bitter disappointment by comparison. For one thing, it has surprising pincushion distortion for as simple a lens design as it is. Now, if you could find the 135 f2, that's a different kettle of fish altogether.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    No, no. You don't understand I don't need that lens.........do you know where there is one??

Thanks.

Nope. Don't know of any. Sorry, Hope you do find one.

Richard

Shooter
    35mm
    I know some people are not 135 fans but I really like them. I find them more usefiul outside where a 100 doesn't seem long enough and a 200 is too long. I use differet systems. Some of my favorite 135s: Konica Hexanon 135/3.2, Konica Hexanon 135/2.5, Sigma 135/2.8 Pantel, Vivitar 135/2.8 Close Focusing, Vivitar 135/2.3 Series 1, Canon 135/3.5 FD chrome front, Canon 135/2.5 FL, Canon 135/2.5 FD SC, 135/2.8 Nikkor QC, 135/2.8 Nikkor 'K', Minolta 135/3.5 MD Tele Rokkor-X.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    Trust me, be glad it was stolen out from under you. Without a standard of comparison, it IS a nice lens, but you'll quickly find with the other lenses in your arsenal that it is a bitter disappointment by comparison. For one thing, it has surprising pincushion distortion for as simple a lens design as it is. Now, if you could find the 135 f2, that's a different kettle of fish altogether.
    Yeah, you're right. I'll get over it. :-)

The 135/2 KEH has that one. And I'd love it. The price was well over $1000. Plus I hear it's a monster.
    -----------------------

Richard S.

My Photography Website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    he who hesitates is lost...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wonder if the K in KEH stands for "Karma"?
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by summicron1 View Post
    he who hesitates is lost...
    but still has his money in his pocket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin