Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,762   Online: 842

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Leigh B View Post
    Tessina.

Excellent quality Swiss-made TLR, not a toy.

- Leigh
    Wow! Now when I see it - I want one . Marvelous cameras.

Shooter
    35mm
    The Olympus Pens are getting on a bit now but Yashica made a series of half frame autofocus 35mm SLR's with a fixed zoom lens in the late 1980's called Samurai. They give good results. There was also one which took APS film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some other points in support of the Tessina (I'm the head cheerleader):

1) When sold they came with a lifetime warranty. This affected every aspect of the design and assembly of the camera, and it shows.

2) It uses standard 35mm film, re-spooled onto the Tessina spools, yielding about 24 half-frame exposures.

3) All standard settings: shutter 1/2 to 1/500 & B; aperture f/2.5 to f/22; focus from 1 ft to infinity with DoF scale.

4) Flash X sync with PC connector.

5) Waist-level and eye-level finders with optional pentaprism.

6) Spring-powered film advance gives about six exposures per wind.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Brac View Post
    The Olympus Pens are getting on a bit now
    Hmmm, not sure what that means. One would pretty much expect that any camera getting close to 50 years old would need a good CLA before use. The F series are wonderful little cameras with razor sharp lenses. You can't go wrong there if you are looking for half frame.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I don't suppose mentioning a half frame M4 would be trolling, would it?
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have some great pictures taken while rock climbing with a Tessina carried in a (buttoned) shirt pocket. 125 PX comes out very sharp in this camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would recommend a Pen F, too. The Pen D has a nice lens, as well.

A few unofficial, informal tests this week have shown lower resolution with the EE series in comparison. Still nice cameras, though.
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lacavol View Post
    I have some great pictures taken while rock climbing with a Tessina carried in a (buttoned) shirt pocket. 125 PX comes out very sharp in this camera.
    But 125 PX is not available any longer.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry, still have bunches in the fridge and at 1/2 frame it's a lot of shots. 100 Tmax should be good. You need cassettes and a daylight loader which are sometimes harder to find than the camera.

Shooter
    35mm
    The Tessina does not produce a half-frame size image. Its image size is 14X21mm. Half-frame is 18X24mm. When you are using a format this small, every mm counts. At 16.7X25.1mm, the film size APS-C format is very close to half-frame. There were many very small cameras made for APS film but I don't know whether any of them offered full manual control. If you found one the availability of film and processing would be the next issue. Konica made a series of "eye" half frame rangefinder cameras. Some were sold under the Wards name. These are somewhat rare.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin