Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,231   Online: 680

Shooter
    Multi Format

Olympus OM2 has stuck.

I finished a roll of film in my OM2 this afternoon and loaded a new one. After loading I wound on from the start mark to check that it was winding on correctly and then closed the back. The shutter fired as it should. But after I wound on to the second mark, the shutter release and the wind on lever seem to be locked.

The mirror is not locked up and the check/reset indicate that the batteries are not low.

Does anyone know what to do about this?

Regards.
    Chris B.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    make sure the camera is on, that the batteries really are good, that the shutter is not locked.

all else fails, rewind the film enough to release it from the take-up spool but NOT enough to wind the leader into the can, open camera, take film out, try winding and cocking again.

still no go? Fresh batteries. try again.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Fresh batteries always seems to be the answer despite what the indicator might say.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I reckon I heard the rewind button reset itself and thought that the film has wound on when it hadn't. I've just tried a multiple exposure and it's freed things up. The film has now advanced to frame 1 ready for tomorrow.

But nonetheless, thanks for your help.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ... well, there's always that option too....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't think this would do it, however you might try pushing the little reset button at the base of the place where the lens mounts while also moving the shutter speed ring. Don't have one in front of me and it isn't going to screw it up. Bill Barber

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Try new batteries; place the shutter on "B"; and now press the button at the base of the lens on the left.
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    127 Format
    Glad to hear you got it going.
    - Bill Lynch

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin