Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,774   Posts: 1,516,627   Online: 1090

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    The Pentax M series lenses were matched to the M series bodies.

Shooter
    35mm
    I believe the M42 Takumar 17mm f4 fisheye + ME is the smallest such combination.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The SMC Pentax-M 40mm F2.8 is even smaller:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/lensrev...kake-Lens.html
    --
    Kenton Brede
    http://kentonbrede.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I considered the MX years ago, but stayed with my Nikon FM2n, the reason being, the MX syncs with flash at 1/60th against the FM2's 1/250th. Also although the MX is the smallest body around, this isn't always an advantage, for instance with lenses longer than 100mm, I would imagine it would be necessary to add the winder in order to form a "balanced" unit. With larger heavier bodies this isn't always the case.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rolleiman View Post
    I considered the MX years ago, but stayed with my Nikon FM2n, the reason being, the MX syncs with flash at 1/60th against the FM2's 1/250th. Also although the MX is the smallest body around, this isn't always an advantage, for instance with lenses longer than 100mm, I would imagine it would be necessary to add the winder in order to form a "balanced" unit. With larger heavier bodies this isn't always the case.
    For those that wanted a larger camera Pentax made the "K" series: K2, KX, K1000, etc. There was also the LX, which is larger. I'm not really familiar with the "P" and "A" series.
    --
    Kenton Brede
    http://kentonbrede.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rolleiman View Post
    Also although the MX is the smallest body around, this isn't always an advantage
    That's true. I like the idea of the MX as a camera to take on a walk when walking is the primary purpose and photography is secondary. In which case I would take it with just one lens, probably the 28mm SMC.

Otherwise I have my father's two Nikon Fs to take out as well as (too) many others.

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kbrede View Post
    For those that wanted a larger camera Pentax made the "K" series: K2, KX, K1000, etc. There was also the LX, which is larger. I'm not really familiar with the "P" and "A" series.
    I have an LX and MX (and K1000 which was given to me, and a Ricoh XR7 in which I need to replace the light seals.) The LX is larger than the MX but not very much so. Both are dwarfed by the K1000.

Left to right, in descending size, K1000, LX, MX. The MX does everything the K1000 does and more, is built much better, handles better, is more expandable, and for some reason sells, in chrome anyway, for less money. I really like the MX.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pentaxes_LowRes.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    The MX is the smallest fully manual full info viewfinder 35mm SLR while the LX is smallest interchangeable viewfinder 35mm SLR with aperture priority auto exposure. It is practically the size of the non-interchangeable viewfinder camera!

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Steve,
    I bought an MX a couple of years ago for the very good reason that it was cheap due to needing an easy fix, which I did. Like you, I used it first when I wasn't going out with the specific intention of taking photos, regarding the KX/K2 for 'proper' photography sessions, but I grew to love it more and more and now find myself using it as my primary 35mm SLR. I don't have any problems with the controls and I've got hands like bunches of bananas. My only complaint is that the LEDs are hard to see in bright light conditions - I went on a sea trip last weekend and was really struggling. If it had a Spotmatic style match needle system, I'd be much happier. The MX plus 40mm pancake is a great combination!
    Cheers,
    Steve

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Congratulations on your new MX! My ME Super is my favorite all-purpose camera, with the gorgeous SMC 50 1.4. It's unbelievable how small and portable it is.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin