Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,875   Online: 981

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    After many years of desire I purchased an MX from a local dealer last year, with /f1.7 lens for £59. The meter doesn't always work but I carry the Sekonic L208 and it's still a compact package. I quickly added a 28mm and 35mm lens for very little money. A 135mm was purchased from a charity shop but hasn't been used yet.

I used to be a fan of Canon FD equipment but my remaining Canon bodies (FX and FTBn) are giants in comparison with the MX and I don't have a practical reason to choose them over the Pentax.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by GRHazelton View Post
    I also have an Olympus OM-10 with winder, which for whatever reason doesn't feel as good in the hands as the Pentax. Something to do with the contours of the winder, I think.
    I don't think it's just the winder. I have an OM-10 too which just doesn't feel as good as an ME or MX. I think the corners are just a little more rounded on the Pentax bodies.
    Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    And because it is so small, you can easily carry two...

Regards,

Sven
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 015.JPG  

Shooter
    127 Format
    I have an OM-10 and it doesn't feel as good as an OM-1. But there's nothing wrong with it and it takes fine photos. It's light and rugged and if it gets run over by a steam tractor, it's easily replaceable. And no one will ever steal it.

I would love to have a cool Pentax too.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stormy_weather View Post
    By the way, the MX has the largest viewfinder image of all 35mm Pentax cameras ever made
    I finally got around to using the MX today and agree that the viewfinder was good. It was a pleasure to use it and it seemed to make focusing easy.

Quote Originally Posted by stormy_weather View Post
    And because it is so small, you can easily carry two...
    Great... now I want a black one!!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin