Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,955   Posts: 1,586,014   Online: 669

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    T42

Shooter
    35mm
    I will echo Chad Hahn's sentiments about the Nikon L35 AF. Excellent five element 35mm "Nikon" lens. A real filter ring. Meter reading through the filter, but not through the lens. Backlighting compensation. Fill flash if needed. This link is Ken Rockwell's glowing assessment of it: http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/l35af.htm

I have had very good results from this really inexpensive little 35. Found mine at a yard sale for a buck.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power
    Does a Canonet QL17 GIII count as P&S? That's what I use with great results.

Kent
    The Canonet, while a great camera, is not considered as P&S because you do have to focus manually.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I love the L35AF, but I REALLY love the Yashica T's. The Tessars are sharp and contrasty and the bodies fairly reliable metering. The original T and T2 can still be had for under $50 including shipping from eBay. If your friend can't wait, though, you can contact me as I have MANY and am still buying 'em up. I can't resist firing off a shot with 'em as I spend 20 minutes getting the LF gear set up!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been pretty happy with a Pentax Espio. Nice lens, not too many controls, small size, etc. I'm sure you can find a used one for your budget.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    35mm

What's a good 35mm point-n-shoot for around $50?

PENTAX WR-90 or WR-105.
    WR = Weather Resistant (down to 5 feet underwater!)

All the bells and whistles plus that fabulous Pentax SMC multicoated lens.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I just came back from a week in Spain where I used a couple of compacts a lot, a Minolta Freedom Zoom Explorer (28mm at the wide end of the zoom) and an Olympus mju ii.

I loved using the mju and the one roll of film I've developed from that camera since I came back has excellent sharpness and the autoexposure is bang on (I used the spot metering facility a lot, though).

I also have an Olympus XA2 which I like a lot.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin