Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,497   Posts: 1,543,077   Online: 957

Shooter
    35mm

Remote shutter release for Ricoh wanted

I have been looking for a shutter release cable for my Ricoh kr-30sp and so far my efforts have resulted in frustration. Is there anyone here that can steer me in the right direction? If a picture is needed of my shutter button, I will be glad to post it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by madgardener View Post
    I have been looking for a shutter release cable for my Ricoh kr-30sp and so far my efforts have resulted in frustration. Is there anyone here that can steer me in the right direction? If a picture is needed of my shutter button, I will be glad to post it.
    Your camera uses a standard cable release. It has a cable inside a tube that when you push the buttong the end stick out and release the shutter. You can get this type up to about 3 ft long. To have longer one you would need to use the air type which is an air bulb with air hose and a plunger at the other end. When you squeeze the air bulb, air push the plunger out and release the shutter. There is no electric cable release for your camera.

Shooter
    35mm
    Are you sure? I have tried what were supposed to be standard cables and they didn't work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by madgardener View Post
    Are you sure? I have tried what were supposed to be standard cables and they didn't work.
    The threads inside your shutter button may be damaged if the cable would not screw in.

Shooter
    35mm
    Oh great. Hopefully that's not the case. I'm going to borrow a release cable from a friend and see if it will work. I would really prefer to not try and hunt down a shutter release button for a camera of that vintage.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin