Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,434   Online: 801

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Olympus OM 10

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dynachrome View Post
    An OM-10 in good condition will take the same picture an OM-1 will. The OM-10 is the Rodney Dangerfield of Olympus cameras. It gets no respect.
    It will only take the same picture as long as it works. It gets no respect for good reason.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OM10 and OM1 both take pictures but regarding durability, they don't play in the same league. If you want a camera to keep, favor the OM1, less prone to failure.

Shooter
    127 Format
    The OM-10 can be used manually without an adapter. That is if you want 1/60th or Bulb.

Remember to set the switch to manual if you use a non-Olympus flash. This will give you the 1/60th sync speed required for flash.

I have had a dozen OM10s. I gave away 4 and still have 3 and they all worked perfectly. I bought some for parts only and even they started working once new batteries were installed.

Just don't rip the film advance like a mad man and they will be fine.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    35mm
    If you don't have the manual adapter, setting it to manual adapter position gives you a shutter speed of 1/45th (assuming shutter is working properly). John

Shooter
    127 Format
    Thanks for the clarification John !
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    Just don't rip the film advance like a mad man and they will be fine.
    Haha, yeah, i've had my film torn apart a few times in that mechanism. No problem like that in my om-20 tho.......
    Nicholai Nissen
    Kolding, Denmark
    nicholainissen@gmail.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholai View Post
    Haha, yeah, i've had my film torn apart a few times in that mechanism. No problem like that in my om-20 tho.......
    I think it just did that to my film.

And yes, I do have the thingy attachment. Figured it out, but now, it appears, it has torn my film. First time this happens.

Shooter
    35mm
    How are you ripping your film (and you couldn't possibly be trying to rewind it without first turning the "R" button down on the front first)? John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thats definitely what has happened to me two times, but another time it was totally inexplainable.
    Nicholai Nissen
    Kolding, Denmark
    nicholainissen@gmail.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hermanson View Post
    How are you ripping your film (and you couldn't possibly be trying to rewind it without first turning the "R" button down on the front first)? John
    I wasn't trying to rewind the film. I wasn't done shooting yet. I took a picture, was trying to advance the film and it started ripping. This hadn't happened before.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin