Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,678   Online: 733
      
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27
  1. #21
    MattKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Delta, British Columbia, Canada
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    12,109
    Images
    60
    The SCA series flash modules that Metz in particular championed offer a fair amount of interbrand compatibility - at appreciable cost!

    I also have a Vivitar 4600 flash with a number of different "feet" that allows me to use it with my OM cameras and a few others (which I don't make use of).
    Matt

    “Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

    Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

  2. #22
    GRHazelton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Jonesboro, GA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    362

    Olympus OM-2n sad ending.

    Alas, when I attempted to rewind the test roll from my OM-2n, the little rewind button would not turn and I couldn't rewind. Not wanting to have to carry a changing bag with me when shooting, I contacted the seller and asked about exchanging it for an identical camera listed at the same price, also stated as in "E" condition. They told me that the winder included on that camera, as was included on mine, didn't work. It seems to me that an "E" item ought to work, as should any included items. Is this an unreasonable expectation? Shouldn't vendors inspect cameras, etc, to make sure they do indeed work?

    This didn't give me much confidence with that vendor, whom I'd used once before for a 75mm 2.8 for my Pentax 645n. I asked for a refund since I was within their time frame for return of defective items, and a prepaid mailing label for the return. This was on Friday at noon, as yet the label hasn't arrived. I'll call on Monday.

    Think I may stay with KEH from now on.

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    280
    Do the single-digit OM bodies feel better in the hand than the OM-10?

    I ask as I fished my OM-10 out of the wardrobe last night and was immediately struck by how harsh and angular it feels. My Pentax K2 isn't exactly curvy but it just fits the hand better, my P30t with its small moulded finger and thumb grip is light years ahead.
    Matt

  4. #24
    GRHazelton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Jonesboro, GA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    362
    I think the Olympus winder, which fits either, is not really comfortable, certainly compared to the winders for the Pentax MX and ME-Super. Those winders have the shutter release at the top front of the grip, slightly angled, which makes vertical shooting much easier. Also the Pentax winders have a threaded recess for the winder socket on the camera, which the Olympus Winder 2 lacks. A little thing, but the OM-2n I bought came with a winder, but minus the cap for the body. How could most owners keep up with a little disk, about the size of a battery chamber cover?

    BTW, the RMA and prepaid shipping label for the OM-2n finally arrived. Off it goes!

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mission Viejo, California
    Shooter
    127 Format
    Posts
    1,432
    Quote Originally Posted by GRHazelton View Post
    ... A little thing, but the OM-2n I bought came with a winder, but minus the cap for the body. How could most owners keep up with a little disk, about the size of a battery chamber cover?
    The cover goes into a little slot inside the winder. Open the battery chamber and you should see it.
    - Bill Lynch

  6. #26
    GRHazelton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Jonesboro, GA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    The cover goes into a little slot inside the winder. Open the battery chamber and you should see it.
    Right you are! Too bad its not more obvious. I rather liked the OM-2n I had and I'd have kept it save being unable to rewind the film. I might watch for another.

  7. #27
    GRHazelton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Jonesboro, GA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by GRHazelton View Post
    I think the Olympus winder, which fits either, is not really comfortable, certainly compared to the winders for the Pentax MX and ME-Super. Those winders have the shutter release at the top front of the grip, slightly angled, which makes vertical shooting much easier. Also the Pentax winders have a threaded recess for the winder socket on the camera, which the Olympus Winder 2 lacks. A little thing, but the OM-2n I bought came with a winder, but minus the cap for the body. How could most owners keep up with a little disk, about the size of a battery chamber cover?

    BTW, the RMA and prepaid shipping label for the OM-2n finally arrived. Off it goes!
    Just an update. I shipped off the OM-2. One week after the tracking indicated that it had arrived I called the shop (which shall remain unnamed) and asked "Where's my refund?" The told me that they didn't have my email! But it, and my phone number, and of course my home address was on the invoice they emailed me! The refund was finally credited to my charge card, but no apologies from the seller. BTW, this is a brick and motar shop in the northeast US of many years standing. Never again will I order from them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin