Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,001   Posts: 1,524,384   Online: 920

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes Cameras when used cause vibration, but is it the type of vibration that causes problems with camera shake. I am not referring to Rangefinder cameras here but SLR's.

I have found that SLR's ALL have some level of vibration when the shutter is released but if you set the shutter to 'B' and release the shutter there is virtually none what so ever, or indeed hardly any noise. Let go of the shutter so that the mirror descends and there is an audible 'clunk' accompanied by a degree of vibration which in some cases if scaled up would register on the Richter scale! However this 'clunk-thump' occurs AFTER the shutter has opened and will have no affect on the image.

Cameras have got better over the years and the worst one I ever used was a KOWA SLR in the 1960's which did a sort of 'Thumpclickthump' as the mirror went up and the then down again. Russian SLR's you may think would be bad in this respect, but with the early ones there was no instant return mirror so the effects were quite minimal.

Medium format cameras are very much the same, only scaled up, but I think on the whole, due to the greater bulk the vibrations are largely dampened out and are of no consequence. Even the Bronica S models although giving off a noise, seemingly louder than a .44 magnum were not a problem for me

Shooter
    35mm
    thank you very much!
    what do you think about cameras like Pentax k1000,Yashica FX3 (wich is the best model of fx series in this respect?)?
    wich is the best model you prefier?
    Regards

Shooter
    35mm
    I have never owned yashica camera except a Twin lens reflex so cannot comment on the FX SLR.

The K1000 was a development of the old Screw thread bodies fitted with the K Bayonet. They and are probably just as good. Later ones had plastic top plates (Made in China) but as far as I know they were the same internally. Very reliable with little to go wrong

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Contax RTS III.
    I was amazed at how well it is dampened.

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes but the contax rts are very expensive cameras!...
    I was thinking on a yashica body or a pentax k1000
    Ciao

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BMbikerider View Post
    However this 'clunk-thump' occurs AFTER the shutter has opened and will have no affect on the image.
    More importantly, it happens after the shutter has closed - which I think is what you meant to write.

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by peters8 View Post
    Yes but the contax rts are very expensive cameras!...
    I was thinking on a yashica body or a pentax k1000
    Ciao
    not really. Got mine in almost like new condition for € 299,-- from a dealer with warranty.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello,
    the PRAKTICA MTL 5 and similar models have an intensive mirror bump.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by jochen View Post
    Hello,
    the PRAKTICA MTL 5 and similar models have an intensive mirror bump.
    Is that when the mirror goes up or comes down? There will be a difference, Try it as I suggested on 'B' setting.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    More importantly, it happens after the shutter has closed - which I think is what you meant to write.

Steve.
    Spot on. Thanks.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin