Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,932   Posts: 1,585,471   Online: 968

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    35mm
    I had a Yashica FX-3 Super 2000 and it was a bit clunky but it really didn't make a lot of difference. When hand holding I'm sure that your own shakes are worse than the mechanisms. The Yashica had a mirror pre fire when using the self timer for use on a tripod. The Yashica was a very basic and maybe slightly cheap looking camera but the 1.9 lens was very good and I could also fit my Zeiss 50mm f1.7 which really was good. At the moment I have a pentax MX which is very smooth as is my Canon AE-1 Program. My OM-1 is good too and has a mirror lock up facility. If you want sharp pictures use a good tripod and nothing will vibrate. The Manfrotto 055 with 029 head I have is certainly big enough for 35mm and medium format.

Dave

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The Konica FS-1 has the smoothest mirror-action of any SLR that I have ever used. The Yashica TL Electro-X and TL Super are good solid M42 bodies have true mirror lock-up, as does the Canon FTbn, in FD mount.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi. I own and use about 40 film SLRs from any brand including late EOS and the one with which I feel absolutely nothing in the hands when the shutter goes is the Minolta 7000, followed by the Canon T90 and the Pentax MZ-M. The Minolta is incredible.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Phalbert View Post
    Hi. I own and use about 40 film SLRs from any brand including late EOS and the one with which I feel absolutely nothing in the hands when the shutter goes is the Minolta 7000, followed by the Canon T90 and the Pentax MZ-M. The Minolta is incredible.
    By chance do you have or have you tried a Contax RX? Easily the least "shutter-feel" in a SLR I've ever felt.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Tim. OMs have an horizontal (cloth) shutter travel which tends to induce less vibration. (While most of the other have a vertical shutter, which in turn usually gives a faster flash sync speed) Maybe this makes it more difficult to establish what is the amount of vibration due to the mirror. Which RF camera do you mean with a "long, stiff shutter button" ???

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Richard. No I haven't ever tried a Contax RX. I have a 139 which I like for the brightness of its screen. In turn, have you ever depressed a 7000's shutter? It is not my favorite body, but again, I really can't feel a thing when it fires. (But I can hear it, no doubt...)

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by peters8 View Post
    hi guy...this is the first time I write here,but i read always this fantastic forum.I apologize for my bad english...but I never studied english!
    anyway I hope you understand me!

I've always been curious about the reflex cameras with less mirror vibrations and which instead were the worst (i mean reflex cameras with very loud and noisy movement mirror mechanism).I know that the best choice,if you are searching no vibrations or at least less vibrations of the mirror mechanism, are the ragefinder cameras.

But my intention is to catalog the reflexes in three categories:

1)camaras with no vibrations

2)cameras with some vibrations

3)cameras that vibrate too, so reflexes with a very noisy movement mechanism of the mirror.

Do you want to start?

Thanks.
    Analogic. I like that word!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin