Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,858   Online: 1092

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fenderslash View Post
    Thanks uncle Ben

I suppose the main thing I can contribute to the thread is that I've proven that it doesn't have to be that particular Ikea lamp. All similar LED lamps probably work fine.
    True, but the Ikea Jansjo lamp cleared the yellow caste from my Canon FD 35mm F2 Thorium lens in forty eight hours, and it makes a very useful reading lamp afterwards.
    Ben

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    True, but the Ikea Jansjo lamp cleared the yellow caste from my Canon FD 35mm F2 Thorium lens in forty eight hours, and it makes a very useful reading lamp afterwards.
    I was struggling to find an appropriate UV source.

Here in LA finding the sun is no problem. But it has been a tad cloudy lately.

Then I remembered a light fixture I have for video production. Ta-da!

The TruColor HS is a remote phosphor LED source that uses panels of phosphor excited by purely UV LEDs.

With the panels removed, 400W of UV light is bearing down on my lenses.

Any guesses how long it'll take to remove the yellowing? A day or two? 20 minutes?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0691.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	563.2 KB 
ID:	76830

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin