Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,764   Posts: 1,484,067   Online: 1135

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which lens? HCB

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    Knowing which lens he used, won't help you or I one iota to emulate his work, because we don't have his genius.
    Or his available time or his work ethic. (I see in a lot of his images simply being at the right place at the right time. For his body of stellar images you need a lot of time and a lot of places. )

Wish I could do that. And talent, I'll need his talent too...

s-a
    I photograph things to see what things look like photographed.
    - Garry Winogrand

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    Knowing which lens he used, won't help you or I one iota to emulate his work, because we don't have his genius.
    I don’t think it is a question of genius, but practice. If you do something again and again and again you will get good at it and acquire skills you are not even aware of.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    I don’t think it is a question of genius, but practice. If you do something again and again and again you will get good at it and acquire skills you are not even aware of.
    Dont forget luck, you need lots of that too!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    And film, Lots of film.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't forget a sizable inheritance!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yes. Those willing to put the time and practice into their craft and their art and its application, the way HCB did, can produce great work.

Quote Originally Posted by Newt_on_Swings View Post
    Dont forget luck, you need lots of that too!
    Actually no.

Above and below are the answers.

Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    And film, Lots of film.
    Yep, too many people get stingy about film. The reality of its cost is a double edged sword. It provides both the incentive to use it well, because the supply/our budgets are limited, and the fear of loss, of wasting it.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    35mm
    Bresson used three focal lengths. 28, 35 & 90mm. Just grab one and shoot. And, do not dismiss the convenience of a high quality wide to medium zoom (28-90,etc). My most published snaps were made with my Vivitar Series 1 28-90 glass.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've been practising for sixty years and my work isn't as good as his, if I practice for the rest of my life are you suggesting I could become as good as him, and not be aware of it ?.
    Ben

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin