Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,250   Online: 754

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Schott glass is only as good as any other kind of glass after proper usage of a shot glass...
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    i now own perhaps 15 or so camera systems. When I returned to film photography it was with a 3rd hand XGM. Much-much different than my old P&S Kodak's of the '50's &'60's. To me learning any skill involves a lot of study, practice, and thought. One of the early readings was of Mike Johnson. His suggestion was to purchase a Leica, any Leica, and use it exclusively for one year , I should have listened. Now I have a lot of good to pretty good cameras but use only a few . saving up for the best now makes a lot of since now . An old song stated "once you've had the best, it's hard to settle for anything less- -once you've had the best". I get it. So now I'm finally saving up for my Leica. .. ... could a' been using it and still had a pile of cash. Go figure. .. ...
    Last edited by Red Robin; 09-10-2012 at 05:48 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Robin View Post
    i now own perhaps 15 or so camera systems. When I returned to film photography it was with a 3rd hand XGM. Much-much different than my old P&S Kodak's of the '50's &'60's. To me learning any skill involves a lot of study, practice, and thought. One of the early readings was of Mike Johnson. His suggestion was to purchase a Leica, any Leica, and use it exclusively for one year , I should have listened. Now I have a lot of good to pretty good cameras but use only a few . saving up for the best now makes a lot of since now . An old song stated "once you've had the best, it's hard to settle for anything less- -once you've had the best". I get it. So now I'm finally saving up for my Leica. .. ... could a' been using it and still had a pile of cash. Go figure. .. ...
    Leica, the snake oil of photography...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    It's really not about the stuff. Stuff is nice, but cameras allow us to make photos for people to enjoy. Knifes allow us to cook meals for friends and family. Cars allows us to take trips that make memories. Zen saying about the most useful part a bowl is the empty space. Consumerism can make us fixated on the bowl and forget about the useful empty space.
    Yes, in my many travels I've seen Buddhist monks out begging with their alms bowls, the bowls were very utilitarian and seemed to work fine. I did not ask if their bowl manufacturer made cameras too but if they did I doubt it would be one I'd enjoy using even if it got the job done adequately.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lange View Post
    Schott glass is only as good as any other kind of glass after proper usage of a shot glass...
    Now I want a Schott glass shot glass.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Robin View Post
    There is no more expensive tool than a bad one.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin