Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,828   Posts: 1,582,107   Online: 1058

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    The Konica T3 and T4 and the Contax RTS are described in an old almanac of the year 1982 as having a "semispot" light metering.
    Mx42 lenses can be adopted to Konica and Contax bayonets with an adapter ring (without lens).
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    35mm
    Wow I didn't know there was camera with spot meter that used M42 lenses.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello,
    many years ago I had a Chinon CE-3 Memotron. The camera is a stopped down metering aperture priority automat. The mechanical stopping down needs a quite high force on the shutter release button. Therefore I often had pictures which were not sharp due to a movement during the exposure.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I owned a 1000DTL for several years until it was stolen. Really liked it and shot scores of rolls with it.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    35mm
    Yeah, Mamiya TL/DTL. Here's what I found on Camerapedia:

"The later DTL dual-metering models introduced a switch beside the lens mount which allowed the photographer to select between an averaging meter pattern and a "spot" meter (actually a square area marked at the bottom of the viewfinder), with a viewfinder indication of the mode selected. This was a unique innovation for its day. Interestingly, the single metering mode offered by the TL models was the "spot" mode, not the averaging mode one might expect. Thus it was the Mamiya TL and not Pentax who implemented the original meaning of Pentax's Spotmatic brand."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Another with spot/average is the Ricoh TLS 401.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The Vivitar XC-2 also offered spot or averaging meter.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
    The Vivitar XC-2 also offered spot or averaging meter.
    And the Cosina CSR too. I have a CSL (same but no spot metering). Unfortunately the meter isn't reliable on mine apparently. Both could be turned into aperture-priority autoexposure by means of an accessory mounted on top of the camera. Weird... I have it but didn't try that so far.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yashica Electro AX.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I think Excalibur2 has a good idea re: the T90, mainly because I've used my own T90 exactly as he describes. Maybe a Canon A-1 could do the same. Fabulous metering capabilities in the T90.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin