Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,899   Posts: 1,584,382   Online: 779

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm interested. I only do scans from prints and I very much doubt I will be able to make 12 prints that are worth sharing. In fact I doubt if I'm able to produce three good print per month, but I can try...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm willing, if it's three shots not 12. I've already challenged myself to do the 'one prime' thing for an extended period. I have no way to print though, I'd have to rely on scans.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    How about limit of 5? that's the most APUG allows to upload in a day anyway... reasonable compromise?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think even three is too much. Edit to the VERY best!! We should struggle to even find three we'd be proud, I mean really proud, to show.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    Sounds interesting. Should we all choose a film and developer too
    Tri-X in D-76 1-1 of course! ;-)

I think we should be loose with that requirement. It's not like we're all going to use the same prime after all...
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So it's just one roll?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Howdy,

Well, it looks like we have some enthusiasm for such a challenge! Since it is a community challenge, discussion like this will help to set the rules, so keep it coming.

Just to clarify a few points:
    • The idea would be YOU nominate the camera and prime lens and you use that combo for the month. Obviously, its all in fun, so if you had the opportunity to film that one event which means a change in equipment, no one is going to get upset.
    • I have seen these challenges run in 2 ways - in the digital world, its usually one pic per day or something along those lines. The Film alternative I have seen is one roll for the month and posting 1/3rd of that roll (digi forums are not afraid of looking at lots of pictures, so it seems). I understand that the analogue community deal a lot more about quality over quantity, so we can tailor that to suit. The idea is to get out there for one month and shoot more!

Just a couple of my personal thoughts:
    • Shooting the same film and developer? Not a bad idea either, but to start off with, it would be nice to include those who don't home develop.
    • Obviously, the APUG charter when it comes to scanning images for display must be maintained

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ahhh, forget I mentioned it. Probably not the right community for this type of challenge.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think the idea is to show the three (or whatever count) best shots you get, not getting three (et al) superb shots. Am i right on this?
    Nicholai Nissen
    Kolding, Denmark
    nicholainissen@gmail.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The idea is to shoot one camera/one lens and show the best 1/3rd of your shots. Typically, when I have done it elsewhere, its been implied that you would be shooting 1 film in that time, so 1/3rd of a 36 roll film is 12 frames. For a forum such as this, it might not be fair to impose a 1 roll limit, so maybe your 12 best shots.

The whole idea of such a challenge, is to get people out there regularly shooting and having fun.

Look, I might be being a prick here, but if you don't want to view so many shots and don't want to feel like you are being a point and spray shooter by showing maybe some average images, simple, say thanks, but no thanks. It does appear that this doesn't have a wide appeal to this community, hence my comment two posts above, but if we get a handful of members who do want to give it a crack (say 5 members), then we can draw up some guidelines (based on 1 prime/1 camera/1 month/12 posted images) and go for it.

Cheers
    Last edited by hoffy; 09-17-2012 at 07:43 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin