Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,113   Online: 815

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

35mm Shoot 1 prime/month, 1/3rd keepers challenge?

Greetings,

Just a bit of a thought - Would anyone be interested in a shoot and post pictures challenge?

The idea is that the participants shoot with the same prime lens for the month and one roll of film. From that roll, they must produce 12 shots to be displayed on the forum? (this is also why I think it would better suit 35mm)

Any takers?

(& yes, I have 'borrowed' this idea from another well know Minolta/Sony forum....)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like it, but if you specified a 12 exposure roll of film folks might actually learn something.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think the rules are a bit unclear, at least a bit undefined, to me. Do they shoot with the same one prime, OR, do they select a prime they - individually - own, and then shoot with that?
    Nicholai Nissen
    Kolding, Denmark
    nicholainissen@gmail.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds interesting except I think going to three solid keepers might be more reasonable and perhaps less boring in the end, what do you think?
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    Sounds interesting except I think going to three solid keepers might be more reasonable and perhaps less boring in the end, what do you think?
    They could make the 12 frames a series, or have some other relation.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholai View Post
    I think the rules are a bit unclear, at least a bit undefined, to me. Do they shoot with the same one prime, OR, do they select a prime they - individually - own, and then shoot with that?
    Individual participants each nominate a prime lens of their own, that will be the only lens they shoot with for the month.
    Mamiya 645 Super | Nikon F4/F100 | Minolta Maxxum 9/Dynax 7/X-700/X-500/XD7/SRT-101 | Pentax Spotmatic | Canonet QL 19 (GII) | and a whole bunch of glass

Shooter
    35mm
    I agree with rich815. If you have 50 participants, there would be 600 pix to look at. What if 100 people took part?
    I'm definitely interested.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffy View Post
    Greetings,

Just a bit of a thought - Would anyone be interested in a shoot and post pictures challenge?

The idea is that the participants shoot with the same prime lens for the month and one roll of film. From that roll, they must produce 12 shots to be displayed on the forum? (this is also why I think it would better suit 35mm)

Any takers?

(& yes, I have 'borrowed' this idea from another well know Minolta/Sony forum....)
    I wouldn't have problem shooting with only 1 prime. It doesn't seem to be a too much of a disadvantage. Hehe, I don't shoot well either way any way.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    Yes, only three. One must learn to edit in cold blood, or you get the flickr syndrome.

s-a
    I photograph things to see what things look like photographed.
    - Garry Winogrand

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Sounds interesting. Should we all choose a film and developer too
    K.S. Klain

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin