Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,655   Posts: 1,481,404   Online: 1072

Shooter
    Medium Format

Nikon To MD Mount adapter?

Hey APUG, I was wondering if anyone knew of a mount adapter or a modification that would let me attack some older Nikon Lenses to my Minolta MD/MC mount cameras, Been looking for a while but all I can find is adapters for MD to Newer DSLR's.

Thanks!
    Minolta X-700, Nikon FM3A, Mamiya RB67 PRO-S

Shooter
    35mm
    I think there may be a problem with the register when fitting the Nikon lenses to a Minolta body using an adapter. If you Google a company in UK called 'SRB Gritturn' they make all manner of adapters and they should be able to help one way of another. Even if they don't have one specific, they acknowledge that they can make one - at a price

Shooter
    35mm
    As far as I know Nikon lenses cannot be mounted to a Minolta SR bayonet through an adapter ring, there is a physical incompatibility between the two bayonets. IIRC the problem is not the bayonet-focal plane distance but the different diameter of the two mounts.

When I was looking for tilt-shift lenses for my Minolta SR system I found that the Minolta was way too expensive and so I bought two lenses for Nikon mount and a Nikon FE2 to use them (good bargain on an auction site). Adapters don't exist and cannot be made.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin