Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,158   Online: 896

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, Mustafa, you surely like to see the bigger picture.
    And the sign said, "long haired freaky people need not apply"

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    I think obama contucted the biggest crime on earth with closing free ebooks site , it looks like nazis burned the books.
    He will pay this.
    You seem to be well versed in many topics but Copyright (its benefits, and importance in the development of a society) might have escaped your radar.

Does citing the Nazis equals citing Hitler? (We are only at around post number 50. That's too early to mention Hitler ).
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Glass cannot last that long. It is not that stable! Look it up!

PE
    The stuff is made of quartz glass which is supposed to be much more stable and robust than ordinary glass.

I'm quite glad they found something like that. It might be an epochal progress, a bit like mobile-type printing, or network communication.

This is probably the demonstration of a broad technology, which can be, and will be, realized in various formats.

Just like magnetic tapes existed in many formats (reels, Super8, CompactCassettes, VHS, Betamax, DAT, and many other formats) I don't doubt that this basic technology will evolve, in time, in different formats (the Quartz-Glass CD or the Quartz-Glass DVD so to speak) but the information stored in a "disc" of each of those formats will be quite more durable than anything we know now barred bronze inscriptions.

The format variations are, for somebody conserving something, a minor problem if compared with the problem of the basic preservation of the material, just like for us photographers finding a projector to project let's say APS film (or 127, or 126, or 110 etc.) is a minor problem if compared with the preservation of the film itself.

Instead of inscribing the quartz by laser (a "serial" process and therefore slow) one day this quartz glass might be "printed" by chemical means maybe using some sort of film technology, like microprocessors - if I get it right - are produced today. So, in the end, the devil might be not so ugly as it is depicted.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    35mm
    By the way , if there would be a future for intelligent life for not more than 2000 years after , we will be at other galaxies , invent quantum teleportation and time travel.
    No need for small glass pieces.
    But if you can invent now a extremelly high quality translating software , allow to the book distribution free on e books without thinking to restrict the technology race , etc.

I think obama contucted the biggest crime on earth with closing free ebooks site , it looks like nazis burned the books.
    He will pay this.

Umut
    I disagree, his biggest crime is getting to the highest office in the land.

but apart from that I understand how you feel about ebooks, but while I don't agree with wholesale infringement upon intellectual property rights. having the dad blame gummiment step in is wrong. The letter of the law is that the copyright holder only has the right to pursue enforce of their rights in the country where it was assigend.It does not say that you have to pursue copyright violations,it is up to the copyright holder to pursue infringment.
    With the goverment stepping in it exceeded its authority. but thats nothing new to the man from illinois administration.
    APUG: F, F/FTN,F2,F2A,F2AS,F3,F3HP,FA,FE,FM,FM2,FE2,XK,XM,XD, XD-5,XD-7,XD-11,XE,XE-5,XE-7,SRT101,SRT102,XG9,XG7,XG1,XG-SE,XG-M,X700,OM-1,OM-1n,OM-2,OM-2n,OM-4,F-1,F-1N,AE-1P,R5,500C/M,SCII
    DPUG:D100,D200,D300

Shooter
    127 Format

I think obama contucted the biggest crime on earth ...
    So, Obama killed film.

Damn him !
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The comment of Obama killing ebooks sounds more like political rumor, the greatest defender of copyright in this country is the Disney company, they probably have the most to lose also. The office of President proposes but makes no laws and judges no offenders, that is up to congress and the judiciary. The three branches of government. The office of president gives a thumbs up or down, and that can be overturned by congress (I'm using congress here generally to refer to both houses).

As to print through, it all depends on storage techniques and original recording practice. It is definately easier to deal with than corrupted digital files.
    There is a difference between a shaky or out-of-focus photograph and a snapshot of clouds and fog banks. —Erwin Schrödinger

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    ...I think obama contucted the biggest crime on earth with closing free ebooks site , it looks like nazis burned the books.
    He will pay this.

Umut
    Is that a not so veiled threat from a foriegn national againt the president of the US? You've way over stepped the bounds of dececy!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fstop View Post
    I disagree, his biggest crime is getting to the highest office in the land.
    Whilst I don't agree with you (and it doesn't matter because I'm not American) if this was a crime, it was committed collectively by all American voters.

See what happens next time... I suspect there will be no change.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Diapositivo View Post
    You seem to be well versed in many topics but Copyright (its benefits, and importance in the development of a society) might have escaped your radar.

Does citing the Nazis equals citing Hitler? (We are only at around post number 50. That's too early to mention Hitler ).
    No it isn't.

HITLER

There.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    if this was a crime, it was committed collectively by all American voters.
    Steve.
    Not all, just a majority.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin