Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,471   Posts: 1,570,923   Online: 767

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    I tend to avoid putting slide film in certain cameras. Mostly my SV, Spotmatic, KM and K1000 as the light metering on these just isn't accurate enough (they probably need a CLA but given it's only the meter that's out I'm not too bothered). I also try to rotate them as I know that long-term storage does cameras no favours - they need to be used. At present I have:

KX loaded with 200ASA slide
    ME loaded with 200ASA colour negative (rescued roll, it was in an ME F which died with a shutter fault so I hope I've only lost the four frames or so).
    P30n with 200ASA colour negative
    SF7 with Ilford Delta 3200

Next up will probably be the K2 with Delta 3200 and a couple of MXs with B&W and colour negative respectively. I only have one more roll of slide film left and the local shop has stopped selling it, given the extra hassle involved in non-process paid slide film this will probably be my final roll, so it'll go in something a bit special.
    Matt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur2 View Post
    erm well I use the 35mm film I like in all my cameras.
    I only use 35mm film in my 35mm cameras!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    35mm
    I don't care. I mix and match. They all deliver great results.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I only shoot black and white so no, I tend to stick to 400 for everything, both MF and 35mm, and my normal film of choice is Fomapan 400
    Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nikon's matrix metering on film bodies like F100 or F5 works really well with slides but sometimes underexposes when using color negative or b&w. That could be one explanation why OP likes to use the F5 with slides.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have monochrome cameras (my Voigtlanders) and colour cameras (my Zeiss Ikons) but I have no idea why - it is just what I do. The one time I put slide film in my Voigtlander Vito B it was astoundingly good.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a Rollei B35, and it only shoots HP5 in rolls of 24. The meter is a bit hit and miss, and HP5 has good exposure latitude, and the shorter rolls are a little easier on those little, old nylon gears. Other than that, the HP5 and PanF go into whatever is empty.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My cameras are poly-amorous, the only exception is the 616 box brownie that only gets paper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Last edited by jnanian; 09-30-2012 at 08:14 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: NVM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiron Kid View Post
    I don't care. I mix and match. They all deliver great results.
    Yeah, me too.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin