Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,722   Online: 815

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use slide film and portrait color print film in my 35mm and medium format cameras.

I use black & white sheet film in 4x5 and 8x10 inch cameras and 120 roll film in medium format cameras because I have never been satisfied with b&w in small format cameras.

I have never used 220 roll film because I only have the darkroom equipment to process 120 film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't use any particular camera for one type of film, all my camera meters are accurate so I use whatever body is empty.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kodak Tri-X 400 in a Pentax KX, Spotmatic, Leica M2, and Hasselblad 500.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have too many cameras, particularly 35mm, and yes, I do feed certain cameras only certiain kinds of flim. Some may sit with a roll in them part used for more than 6 months.

I have started to put small masking tape labels on the film cans in my bag, so that I can transfer it to the camera back, and thus be more flezible with what goes into what.

I tend to feed slide film into auto only or mostly auto cameras (you know, the ones that are hell to use in other than fully auto), and b&w into ones that have more graceful manual exposure over rides, or are manual only cameras without built in meters.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow. This is way too complicated.

I use the same accurate handheld meters for any and all cameras. As long as the shutters are good, the exposures are good.

I don't own an automatic camera, and own only one camera with a built in meter - I rarely use that feature. I use whatever film I wish in whatever camera I wish. Simple.

Shooter
    35mm
    I more select certain lenses for certain films. Camera bodies not so much, none of my mine (except the DSLR) have internal meters anyway, and I've checked and fiddled with shutters so I know what they'll do.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In the good old days when I shot slides (I do 100% black and white at present and this is not an intent for the future, just my present status ) My OM4 and its spot meter was the ideal platform for slides - it was a dedicated combination. Before the advent of the OM4 my transparency exposures were sometimes a rather hit and miss affair on my OM1!
    Regards
    Charles

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have a lot of unperforated Portra and Agfa Portrait. By necessity I only use certain cameras with that film stock, because most won't work with unperforated. I use a converted Nikkormat, and an old Russian rangefiner.

agw

Shooter
    35mm
    When I still shot color slides, the F5 was for slide film, and the F3 for B&W negative. The F5's meter just works perfectly for color slide film.

Shooter
    35mm
    Tri-X everywhere (or HP5+ as availability dictates), occasionally Plus-X (or FP4 as availability dictates). I tend to stick to one lens per roll to get some system into the whole thing.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin