Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,669   Online: 821

Shooter
    Multi Format

Nikonos V Service

Does anyone here in the braintrust know where I could get a nikonos V serviced? It seems that in the last couple of years everyone has stopped doing it. At some point in the last few moves my Nikonos-V body (I still have everything else - ) seems to have vanished and before I replace it I'd like to know it I can get it serviced still.

Otherwise I'm probably going to have to look at something in a housing, possibly mirrorless. Bleh.

J.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm not sure, but they can't be too difficult to survive, i'm sure someone still does it. If you get one from KEH, and it doesn't work, send it back and get another one. I've done that very thing before.

Also, i'd be interested to know where they can be repaired as well.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Or try Zacks in Providence RI.
    BTW, they are an APUG sponsor.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lensman_nh View Post
    Does anyone here in the braintrust know where I could get a nikonos V serviced? It seems that in the last couple of years everyone has stopped doing it. At some point in the last few moves my Nikonos-V body (I still have everything else - ) seems to have vanished and before I replace it I'd like to know it I can get it serviced still.

Otherwise I'm probably going to have to look at something in a housing, possibly mirrorless. Bleh.

J.
    Bleh, and Meh. Indeed !

Ron

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Technically a Nikonos is mirrorless
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When I first bought my Nikonos III, it needed service. I used Bob Warkentin’s Southern Nikon Service Center in Houston, Texas and was very pleased.

http://www.southern-nikonos.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11336821@N00/5216154998/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nikonos 21 sml.JPG  
    Last edited by narsuitus; 10-01-2012 at 11:16 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by narsuitus View Post
    When I first bought my Nikonos III, it needed service. I used Bob Warkentin’s Southern Nikon Service Center in Houston, Texas and was very pleased.

Bob retired a couple of years ago, partly because Nikon ran out of maintenance kits. All the places I knew of that used to service the camera stopped for the same reason. All the places I found through google and contacted have also have stopped. I guess I'lll just have to go down the list.

One of the issues is that the internal o-rings do wear out, leaving the camera vunerable to floods. Unlike your typical land camera you can't canabalize an old broken body for spares since the o-rings will be aged out. It's bit of an odd beast in that regard. Buying a body from KEH will still need an overhaul before I take it to 125' ft.

I'll try some of the suggestions, and keep googling.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by EASmithV View Post
    Technically a Nikonos is mirrorless

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin