Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,199   Posts: 1,531,467   Online: 850

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    It probably isn't and just a myth put about by 35mm RF users.
    You didn't know that Leica RF models come with a cloaking device built in?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    Ric- there was a projector made years ago for projecting 4x5 slides. At least I recall seeing one in a catalog somewhere. But it was rather ridiculous. And MF projectors aren't quite as rare as you think, but they are silly expensive. And the only ones that could handle 6x7 transparencies had a manual, one-at-a-time loading system. Only the 6x6/6x4.5 projectors had some kind of tray or carousel.
    Hasselblad and Rollie 6x6 projectors are not cheap like you said and the Mamiya Pro Cabin 6x7 projectors cost a small fortune!

I picked up a used Kindermann 6x6 medium format projector for about $100.00 off Ebay. They are quite common, inexpensive and use a tray system for 6x6 or 6x4.5 slides.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The lower cost of 35mm accessories allowed me to accumulate a large inventory of view screens, film cassettes, extension rings, filters, viewfinders, bellows, motor drives, and lenses that enabled me to configure my cameras to just about any assignment. The medium format or large format equivalent would have been cost prohibitive.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Swiftness of operation, size, flexibility, the list goes on and on...for me though it's the continuity one gets with a 36 exposure roll. I shoot 35mm and 120 (occasionally 220) with people exclusively because generally changing film holders in my 4x5 takes too long (anything longer than the 10 seconds it takes me to grab my alternate body or film back off the work table is too long).

Also the overall mechanical layout of 35mm cameras is something I enjoy. It's rare for me to find a medium format camera other than my Hasselblad or Rolleiflex that just "sits" in my hand. My Pentax 6x7 is alright, but not as comfortable as the others, and doesn't come close to holding a candle to my Nikons (F4s and F3s) or my Leica M2.

And needless to say, fast lenses, fast focusing, and fast shutters. Time between photographs is negligible, on a MF or LF camera there is a delay.
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    You didn't know that Leica RF models come with a cloaking device built in?
    Yes, I have heard that Leica are now offering a service of painting the front of the camera together with a multicolour lens bloom that is a perfect camouflage match of your head and facial features. But they haven’t told me what it will cost yet.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, I have heard that Leica are now offering a service of painting the front of the camera together with a multicolour lens bloom that is a perfect camouflage match of your head and facial features. But they haven’t told me what it will cost yet.
    Actually the Klingons supply it. They're hard to deal with. Here - https://sites.google.com/a/klingonwo...and-dictionary

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It probably isn't and just a myth put about by 35mm RF users.
    I've experienced this phenomenon myself - I took shots with my Contax G2 that I would never have been able to take with an SLR. Maybe it's the immediacy and speed of operation, or maybe there's something about a rangefinder configuration that says "non-threatening" to the non-cognoscenti of cameras that enables this function.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I've experienced this phenomenon myself - I took shots with my Contax G2 that I would never have been able to take with an SLR. Maybe it's the immediacy and speed of operation, or maybe there's something about a rangefinder configuration that says "non-threatening" to the non-cognoscenti of cameras that enables this function.
    Or maybe it's just in your mind.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have noticed the same thing and have come to believe it's the size of the lens.

Holidays at my wife's family's homes everyone pulls out their point and shoots and fire away. When I used to pull out my Contax 139 with a 35 or 50mm lens and now my Nikon DSLR, all the women have a fit and don't want their photo taken.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    The flip side: medium and large format images have vastly superior tonality. They just look better!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin