Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,760   Posts: 1,516,075   Online: 913

Images

Helios 81 stuck on a Nikon N2000

I mounted a Helios 81 (FSU) lens on a Nikon N2000 since it was the only 50 mm AI lens that I had. I ran one roll of film through the camera to test it and the combination worked fine. Now I find that the lens is stuck on the camera. Any suggestions on how to get it off. FWIW, this same lens mounted and dismounted without problems on my F90x.
    -------------------------------
    Peter Schauss

Shooter
    35mm
    With past experience using Russian equipment, their tollerances in manufacture are sometimes different to those of the likes of Nikon/Canon/Pentax etc. It may be something as simple as the button used to unlock the lens on you camera body may not be being depressed far enough to release the pin. Also with it being a Nikon N2000 which is a Nikon 'clone' body, that is to say, not made by Nikon or under their control may be exaggerating the problem.

As I recall the same body badged 'Olympus' with an OM Mount was made in China.

Shooter
    35mm
    To BMbikerider: are you sure about the N2000, otherwise known as the F-301, being a "clone"? I'm almost sure they were all made by Nikon in Japan.
    See here: http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...ls/slr8486.htm

There is a difference between the manual focus F mount and the auto-focus mount. The ring, where the screw from the auto-focus motor seats, is wider than the manual bodies. But, that doesn't explain your problem.
    As said above, built quality for Soviet lenses varies a lot.
    My cameras:
    Nikon F4, F4S, F401S, F601, F801, F801S, F50, F55, F60, F65, F70, F75, F80, F90, F90X, EL2, FE, FM, FG, FG-20, EM

Shooter
    35mm
    Ooops. Sorry, yes my mistak,e I was mixing it up with another camera which was NOT an genuine Nikon but was badged thus. I withdraw my comments

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you want it removing without damaging the camera, take it to a camera repairer.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    If you want it removing without damaging the camera, take it to a camera repairer.
    ... and then throw away that russian lens. Or buy a Russian camera to put it on. As you are discovering, cheap doesn't pay.

Shooter
    35mm
    Ooops. Sorry, yes my mistak,e I was mixing it up with another camera which was NOT an genuine Nikon but was badged thus. I withdraw my comments
    That's ok!
    And you were right on the ball with the manufacturing tolerances!
    My cameras:
    Nikon F4, F4S, F401S, F601, F801, F801S, F50, F55, F60, F65, F70, F75, F80, F90, F90X, EL2, FE, FM, FG, FG-20, EM

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin