Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,896   Posts: 1,520,997   Online: 812

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Stephanie,
    cliveh missed that I mentioned the great Chamonix. The list of cameras from China is long, goes way back..
    The list of excellent cameras from Russia is longer.. The early FED RF's are more than "decent" and the early Kiev are mostly from Contax parts.
    Completely different story is what Frankenstein CLA'ed cameras reached some of our fellow apugers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Brim View Post
    ...Had I known, I would have had a Nikon WAY earlier.
    Still a curse.., sooner or later Your read on APUG that the Nikon contest does not accept photographs taken with Your Nikon film camera.
    Bad Nikon, Bad Nikon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I don't have it anymore. I've traded 35mm for larger stuff. I regret that I don't have it anymore some days, but mostly I like what I have enough that I don't want to sell any of it to get that particular kit back. If I ever find a Nikon FE/50mm f/1.4 AI combo that doesn't cost much, I may bite. As it stands now, that particular lens has gained a bit too much popularity with the digital shooters and is too rich for my blood.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    In 1928 Rodchenko, who had given up painting in favor of photography in 1927, bought himself a Leica which, because of its handy format and quick operation, became his preferred tool for his work.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format

A RETROSPECTIVE ON BAD CAMERAS

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Brim View Post
    that particular lens has gained a bit too much popularity with the digital shooters and is too rich for my blood.
    The plus is there are lots of 'bodies only' sales out there on eBay as a result of it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    In 1928 Rodchenko, who had given up painting in favor of photography in 1927, bought himself a Leica which, because of its handy format and quick operation, became his preferred tool for his work.
    Yes, the real Leica 1! Once You used to it.. there's no going back.
    Still, FED nkvd up until "red flag" batch is excellent camera. Especially the Komandirski with f/2 50mm lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by georg16nik View Post
    Yes, the real Leica 1! Once You used to it.. there's no going back.
    Still, FED nkvd up until "red flag" batch is excellent camera. Especially the Komandirski with f/2 50mm lens.
    Yes FED NKVD are excellent cameras once you change the shutter curtains, remove the old gummy grease, trash the rangefinder mirror and put a new one and adjust the flange to the lens you have. These are excellent cameras not because they are Russian or Ukrainian but because they are simple to overhaul and pretty easy to use. And, as a personal note, I consider the Leica II and its Soviet clones as one of the most elegant cameras ever built.

Take care.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin