Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,834   Online: 852

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Are you taking spouse/SO and/or family? If so, the less gear the better. If not, take the film gear that most reflects what you want from film shooting versus the D300. For example consider leaving 35MM at home unless you just want to shoot some Velvia or Tri-X "because". If it's a lutherie oriented trip take whatever gives you the best IQ.

Phillip

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Not that you have these cameras, but my 2 favorite travel cameras are:

1. Fuji GW690 rangefinder. With a fixed lens, I don't have to worry about what lens to use, and the 6x9 negative almost seems large format. But it is big.

2. I have the Cosina Voightlander R2 with several lenses; the small size of the lenses and camera make it really easy for travel. My whole kit will fit in a little camera bag. Do a 35 and 75mm lens (or 28/75) and you've got a pretty flexible 2 lens kit.

Charlie

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin