Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,978   Online: 976

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Which would you take on a trip??

This may seem like a trivial question but I will be in Spain and Portugal In Nov. and am trying to decide which cameras to take with me. I will be taking my D300 for sure and want to take a film camera with me as well. I wish I could take my RB67 but way too heavy for this trip so my choices are either my F100 or my FE???
    For mt F100 I have a Nikon 50mm f/1.8AF-d and a Nikon 28-105mm.
    For the FE I have a 28mm AIS, 35mm AI and 50mm AIS. The FE with the 28 and 50 would be a lighter set up but the F100 with the 50mm AFD and the 28-105 would give me AF.

The reason I ask such a simple question is knowing that some of you have gone through this before and will mention things I haven't considered.
    "Generalizations are made because they are generally true"
    Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradibarrius
    Barry
    Monroe, GA

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    There is no correct answer. Take what you are comfortable taking.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    it's kinda like "what color underwear should I take?" Whatever you like.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm not sure how older Nikon lenses and their DSLRs get on, but I'd take the camera which can share the most lenses with the D300.
    Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    FE. You can focus the camera, more important is not to be overloaded with heavy gear.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    35mm
    I faced the same question going on holiday a few months ago, and ended up taking just the D700 with 28 mf, 35 af, 50 mf and 85 af. No regrets there.

If I were you (I'm not) I'd take the D300 with your two favourite fixed focal length lenses (14 and 35?) and the FE with a 35 and Tri-X. But that's just me.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by desertratt View Post
    Do not load yourself down with too much camera gear but take enough. Only you can decide.
    I would take the F100 for it superb functionality suite and the 105mm lens you have. That and AF. Have some fun !!!!
    Logan

Shooter
    35mm
    What lenses are you bringing for your D300? If they are not DX lenses, that might affect your choice since you could use them on the F100.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    For the D300 my 16-85 VR and the 70-300 VR...both are DX so no sharing there. I will probably go with the F100.
    "Generalizations are made because they are generally true"
    Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradibarrius
    Barry
    Monroe, GA

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by stradibarrius View Post
    For the D300 my 16-85 VR and the 70-300 VR...both are DX so no sharing there. I will probably go with the F100.
    The 70-300VR I am sure that it's FF. Can this lens be used on the FE? I don't know which version of the lens you have. I would rather bring the FE as it's smaller and the F100 and D300 are too much the same, look and feel etc... The FE would be handy at places where modern DSLR's are not welcome.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin