Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,712   Posts: 1,514,645   Online: 1023

Thread: T400CN

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

T400CN

Lately I got hold of some Kodak T400CN, the ancestor of BW400CN. The expiration date is 2001. Since it is developed with the C41 process, should I shoot the film at speedbox or one stop slower as it would be the case with a regular color film?

Another question about it, although it must have been discussed quite often in this forum. What would be suggested for developping the film with B&W developper (developper + time)?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'd say extra exposure would be good.

As to developing as B&W, I wouldn't.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    35mm
    It is said that B&W chromogenic films such as the Kodak and Ilford versions in fact produce better negs at EI 200. There is less grain at lower speeds in chromogenic B&W films. So one stop less would make sense anyway unless you really need to use full box speed.

If you have some( as in several films) I'd be tempted to take each scene twice at EI 200 then 100. Check the negs on return from the lab and have the "better speed" negs developed. On your second and subsequent films you will then know the best speed

pentaxuser

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin