Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,783   Online: 910

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Its a F2 Photomic with DP-1 head.

How would I tell if the lens is non-AI metering? I don't have to use stop down with the 50mm. Would the "Auto" on the lens indicate this?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The MIR site is your bible, spend a couple of days reading. Auto means auto stop down on exposure and meter reading wide open. See the MIR site for all else, I'm pretty sure the DP-1 head is for pre AI lenses, there is also a head that uses the "newer" AI lenses.
    Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks. I've ran across that site a few times. I'll make sure to scour it for all of the information I can.

My head/meter is not AI. I have to "twist/twist" to get the lens to index. The lenses I have do not have the cut out on the foot that couples with the head. I don't change lenses much on this camera since the only other one I have is a zoom, but I've gotten so use to twisting to index that I was actually a little confused when I started using the Canon F1 and FD lenses.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Indexing pre ai really isn't a hassle at all.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The guy who added the 20mm f3.5 is the right guy.... best lens I ever used and cheap now.... go ge3t one right away
    Logan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    AI or non-AI lenses will work fine on your F2, the only requirement is that they have the coupling prong which is the half-moon shaped thing screwed to the f/stop ring at 5.6.
    The AI lenses have a second set of f/stop numbers engraved on the ring near the body and a milled out ledge that engages with the auto indexing lever on F3 and later bodies.
    I think there are full explainations of all this on the mir site.

Shooter
    35mm
    105, 105, 105, 105

My best lens. And I have many.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin