Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,350   Online: 1040

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo-gear View Post
    I very like using the MD-12 for the worst reasons, especially the fabulous noise... It is only unfortunate that this motor-drive requires 8 AA batteries, which is unreal for only automatically advancing film.

Concerning the weight, I made up my mind as to using it only with the FE2 when I feel lazy, so I set the camera on "A" mode.

When I feel like shooting purely mechanical, I use the FM2n without the MD-12.
    Motor Drive needs a lot of battery power in the old days before they get the efficiency of integral motor drive camera. New camera would have separate shutter charging motor, film advance motor and even separate rewind motor. The oldies has only 1 motor with a lot of gear train to accomplish the job thus needs lots of power.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Sarile View Post
    Use the Lithium batteries in them as they can stand a much wider range of temperatures. Plus they are much lighter too.
    I was thinking to try lithium too, how about sanyo eneloop? Are they good in cold ?

Shooter
    35mm
    Sanyo Eneloops are very good. But, in extremely cold weather, Lithium batteries are the best. They will perform flawlessly in extreme conditions.

QLP

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin