Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,966   Online: 971

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Get the F3 and get rid of the waist-level finder. Do whatever you please with the FA.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MFstooges View Post
    So 12 bodies is not considered hoarding?

I can definitely use this post for my own purpose LOL .....eyeing more FE
    No...hoarding is when you need a map to navigate your way through your home! I prefer to think of my stash as having secured a lifetime supply of equipment!

Shooter
    35mm

Hoarding

So having 4 Nikon bodies, 6 Contax bodies (2 not working) and 2 Yashica bodies (1 not working) is not consiederd hoarding either?

I really have to give my therapist a call.

No comments on the ringing sound then? No, that's not in my ears, that's the shutter of the FA.

Shooter
    35mm
    Shutter sounds are crucially important to a camera. If the act of taking a picture is associated with an unpleasant noise it turns me off the camera straight away. There are some great cameras with peerless reputations that never leave my drawer because of shutter and other quirks. Taking a picture should feel nice in every way.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by blockend View Post
    Shutter sounds are crucially important to a camera. If the act of taking a picture is associated with an unpleasant noise it turns me off the camera straight away. There are some great cameras with peerless reputations that never leave my drawer because of shutter and other quirks. Taking a picture should feel nice in every way.
    Exactly my point. Once you've used a Contax RTSIII (the finest shutter I'ver ever experienced), you know what is possible and you know why you don't like some other specimens.

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Before getting rid of the FA you might want to check out the shutter sound of the F3, the metering of the FA is much more advanced not always better just more advanced. The FA has a higher Flash sync speed and is a lot lighter. If you like the AE of the FA you might wanna try out a Nikkormat EL2 or a Nikon FE FE2 all three are smaller and lighter than the F3. If you prefer a manly shutter sound get an Nikon F best Nikon there is imho.

I wouldn't get rid of the FA it is a great camera, the F3 is another great camera but the earlier F and the F4 are often cheaper. The Viewfinder of the F with photomic FTN is very clean and simply superb so is the viewfinder of the F2AS.
    If you are a sound person try out all the cameras mentioned in this thread and get the one you feel most comfortable with both sound and handling.

Dominik

Shooter
    35mm
    @MDR: My collection of "compact F's" consists of an FM2n, FE2, FM3A and FA. I like them all, but I don't like the ringing sound of the FA's shutter.

The F3HP #1782*** is now sitting on my desk in pristine condition, with a fresh battery. Shutter sounds fine, exposure meter appears OK.

The FA will stay I guess.

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congrats on your purchase and your decision to keep the FA. And no it's not hoarding it's called being prepared.

Dominik

Shooter
    35mm
    Ha ha! Yeah, sounds a lot better... Now, Grays of Westminster has some interesting F bodies...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One of the reasons I have duplicates of some bodies is simply cost. I've managed to purchase a few at costs that are near the cla cost of an existing unit. Recently purchased an F3 w/md4 for 166.00. F3 had just been cla'd and md4 was LN. Can't repair one of minefor that price.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Art

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin