Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,784   Online: 877

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulrich Drolshagen View Post
    AFAIK the OM4Ti never suffered from this problem and I suspect the OM3 didn't either. The latter I really do not know. May be someone more knowledgeable can shed some light as I own one for some days now
    The early O.M 4Ti did suffer from excessive battery drain because the problem was so bad that when I sold them for a living my company and some others had so many returned for this fault they refused to buy any more from Olympus U.K until they rectified the fault which was eventually traced by them to the main P.C.B.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Sarile View Post
    The EOS3 and 1V also implemented multi spot metering of up to 8 points. Personally, I got to know my film's latitude and I only needed one spot to meter.

The system on both is simplified because it does not point out highlight and shadow with averages: it is doing the numerical comparison computationally then displaying the results. The midpoint could be anywhere, so too, those points in highlights and shadows. With a manual spot meter you have full control over what is being metered, how and when and where to average readings (if at all).
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin