Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,874   Online: 973

Shooter
    35mm

28 mm 2.8 Hoya SMC lens

Hi!

Does anyone know if the Hoya HMC lenses are good?

I've seen a 28mm f 2.8 (OM mount) for 30 euro.Thanks

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, they have a very good reputation. I think they were made by Tokina, and are essentially the same as the Tokina RMC 28mm 2.8.

Shooter
    35mm
    In the dim and distant past I used a 28mm, 135 and 200mm with a fitted for Minolta MC. All were reasonable optically, and quite well built mechanically, but they always had a rattle as if an element(s) were loose.

Shooter
    35mm
    thanks for the reply ...
    I'd like to read more opinions about this 28mm!
    Is it comparable to the wonderful Zuiko 28 2.8? ... I know that generallly the quality of brands like Tokina, Sigma, Tamron is lower than the original brands l ... but in this case is there so much quality difference with the original ZUiko?
    Anyway I'd like that someone give to me any kind of informations...opnions and all you know about the Hoya lens...even the information that you deem as a stupid and devoid of utility information!
    I don't know the Hoya lens at all,forn this reason I'm very curious!
    Regards!

Shooter
    35mm
    Depends on the 3rd party brand... Some of the older Vivitar lenses were better than those sold by the camera manufacturers. I have one of their 75-205mm f3.8 zooms which is a very solid performer and well made too.

There's someone on another forum I use with one of the Hoya 28mm lenses, although I'm not sure if it's the same version as the one you're looking at he's very happy with it.

My advice: See how much they go for in private sales. Unless you pay over the odds you can usually sell on camera gear that you decide you don't like for pretty much what you paid.
    Matt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Wait. Are you reading the name "Hoya" on the filter? or is the lens actually made by "Hoya"?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin