Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,803   Online: 1100

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    In B&W, color, both?
    "Sort of" was my qualifier since I don't have a very strong feeling about that aspect. I haven't done any extensive comparisons, but as a generalization don't notice liking color being any less with single coated lenses. I think that has been a common feeling from folks using the Voigtlander Nokton lenses where you have comparable lenses with different coatings.

I think the coating thing is going to come down to personal preference. And, of course, we're talking about modern (to me), coated lenses not uncoated lenses. And my use of the expression "single coated" may not be ideal either, since a lot of Nikon lenses from the late 60's and early 70's seem to have more sophisticated coatings than the very simple early coatings.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just wondering, as I have lots of multicoated lenses- Pentax, Nikon, Fuji, Bronica- yet there's something about my one non-multicoated lens, a 200mm f/4 Super Takumar, that is just so nice in color. I've heard people state a preference for non-multicoated lenses for B&W, which I assume has to do with a sort of classic look.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh regarding coating. Does the pre-AI versions have a "soft" coating that will not tolerate cleaning solvents like e.g those in wet tissues for cleaning glasses?
    Best regards
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

S°ren Nielsen
    Denmark

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin