Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,679   Online: 912

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I keep all the equipment I'm not using in two Peli cases that are locked in a metal office cupboard.
    I like the locked cupboard, I'm going through one of my paranoid phases where I think I'm going to come home and everything will be gone. Did you just have that cupboard or did you buy it from some office supply type store?

s-a
    I photograph things to see what things look like photographed.
    - Garry Winogrand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by flatulent1 View Post
    When I go out it's usually with two bodies and two lenses, the rest of my gear stays home in felt Crown Royal bags.
    A good reason to keep buying more gear. Can't let those lovely bags go to waste, or conversely, it makes sure you have to keep acquiring them.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have an old, brown hard-side suit case that i've adapted to camera/lens storage. I bought 3" sponge/foam and made the appropriate sized cut-outs for the my various lenses and extra 35mm bodies. It works a treat and it offers a high level of drop/impact protection - all for about $15 US in supplies (suit case bought at Good Will, sponge/foam bought at a fabric store).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In a lowepro zippered lens case or in a cloth/padded lens wrap. At home, they rest on padded small egg crate styled foam pads in drawers.

Shooter
    35mm
    You can often pick up used, but clean, camera bags at yard sales, charity outlets, flea markets, etc. they're cheap, they protect the equipment, and you can arrange the internal compartments to suit the sized you need. I hang a little cardboard tag on them to tell me what's inside.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've got some 7 Nikon and 3 Contax bodies in working order (they're all fitted with lenses), and some10 additional lenses, primes but for one zoom. They stand, resting on their lens hoods, on a bookshelf in the study, together with an assortment of lens and bodycaps. It's getting crowded there. I'm moving in a few weeks time and will create some space on that shelf :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by semi-ambivalent View Post
    I like the locked cupboard, I'm going through one of my paranoid phases where I think I'm going to come home and everything will be gone. Did you just have that cupboard or did you buy it from some office supply type store?

s-a
    I got it from a government department I used to work for, they were throwing it out, and I asked if I could have it, it has adjustable shelves, a double skin with asbestos between, and is fire resistant, you can buy them from office supply companys but they are expensive, I suggest you look at second hand furniture stores or junk shops for one.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Just make sure the asbestos is properly sealed in. It's only dangerous if if starts to break up, so you're at no risk providing the metalwork is solid around it. I've been following a group rebuilding a railway carriage after asbestos (used as insulation in the 1950s) was removed from the sides. It was fine until the outer body skins developed corrosion holes, at which point they had to call the hazmat team in.

Ebay gear sales can be a source of neat small bags. I bought a near mint MX last year which came with an external light meter, mint and boxed generic flash...and most usefully of all a neat little black leatherette shoulder bag. It's just big enough for an MX, 28/50/135mm lenses, a small flash and a couple of rolls of film, nestles under your arm when carried and can be slipped under the car seat if you have to stop for a few minutes and don't want to take it with you.
    Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PentaxBronica View Post
    Just make sure the asbestos is properly sealed in. It's only dangerous if if starts to break up, so you're at no risk providing the metalwork is solid around it. I've been following a group rebuilding a railway carriage after asbestos (used as insulation in the 1950s) was removed from the sides. It was fine until the outer body skins developed corrosion holes, at which point they had to call the hazmat team in.

Ebay gear sales can be a source of neat small bags. I bought a near mint MX last year which came with an external light meter, mint and boxed generic flash...and most usefully of all a neat little black leatherette shoulder bag. It's just big enough for an MX, 28/50/135mm lenses, a small flash and a couple of rolls of film, nestles under your arm when carried and can be slipped under the car seat if you have to stop for a few minutes and don't want to take it with you.
    Thanks I'll keep an eye on it, I'm actually already aware of this I used to work for the Department Of Work And Pensions where we handled industrial injury claims for asbestosis, and even workmen s wives could contract asbestosis from washing their overalls
    Last edited by benjiboy; 11-20-2012 at 10:44 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I now keep my WideLux F7 in a Crown Royal [really good stuff from Canada] bag in the camera bag.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin