Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,480   Posts: 1,542,700   Online: 841

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I use the plastic storage bins. Having multiple systems, I keep a separate bin for each system. Each camera or lens is wrapped in bubble wrap, in a hard case, or in a wrap.
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    A good reason to keep buying more gear. Can't let those lovely bags go to waste, or conversely, it makes sure you have to keep acquiring them.
    I had a rough time emptying enough Crown Royal bags for my needs.
    I think I'll need another one tomorrow as well. Better get busy!
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    I have lots of camera bags. They seem to multiply when I'm not looking, and extra equipment goes into them, but I sometimes rearrange bags to go out with more or less gear, depending on what I have in mind.
    +1. A pair of Domkes for the Nikons (an old F2 and a newer F2X?), a Billingham for the Leicas, and two different-sized Lowepro backpacks for the Hasselblads. And I still find myself constantly rearranging the innards of each to suit the needs at hand...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Zip lock.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Your lenses keeper

Buy a larger bag or additional case...

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I store my camera gear in tool attache cases that have heavy foam inserts. Each case has a nice helping of silica gel for moisture control. Lenses have front and rear caps as do extension tubes, tc's, etc. Bodies have caps as well. Most bodies have batteries removed before they're placed in the case.

My camera bags only have a current selection of lenses that I plan on using with whatever bodies are currently in play.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Art

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by flatulent1 View Post
    the rest of my gear stays home in felt Crown Royal bags.
    Ditto
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The lenses and other bits I am not carrying in the bag reside in a drawer, no bags, no silica gel, just a shallow drawer kept closed to exclude dust.

"Be not thy lens's keeper"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm with David on the extra cases. I do a regular local craigslist check for them - I've picked up a half dozen for $10 - $15 apiece, so my stuff (not the 4x5, just the nikons and rollei's, including several meters, etc) are spread across several bags. I just put together what I want for that day/shoot. I have a great Tenba (my favorite brand) that will hold anything I might want.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For smaller lenses I use cardboard mailing tube cut to length. give enough protection from the lenses rubbing against each other.
    Most of my lenses use 52mm or smaller filters so a 2 1/2" tube is big enough.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin