Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,891   Online: 1180

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Your lenses keeper

If you have more lenses than will fit in your camera bag, how do you store them? Is there a container that works well, like maybe an empty 6-pack? (OK, not an empty 6-pack. But I think your Summicrons would fit.)

s-a
    I photograph things to see what things look like photographed.
    - Garry Winogrand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use the plastic lens cases that once came with the purchase of a new Nikon lens.

I love these cases because in addition to providing great lens protection, I can easily see which lens is in the case.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11336821@N00/5222206824/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photo case 067b sml.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I only have one lens that doesn't fit in my Nikkormat bag, it's a pre-AI 300mm f4.5 and I have the factory leather carrying case for it so I just sling that around my shoulder.
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit / B+M 135mm Zeiss Tessar + Compur Deckel
    RB67 Pro S /50 4.5 / 90 3.8 / 180 4.5 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    FED-2 / 50 2.8 Industar 26m / 85 f2 Jupiter-9
    Canon 300v / A2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use lens wraps. Lens wraps provide some padding and they breath so that the lens stays dry.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have lots of camera bags. They seem to multiply when I'm not looking, and extra equipment goes into them, but I sometimes rearrange bags to go out with more or less gear, depending on what I have in mind.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When I go out it's usually with two bodies and two lenses, the rest of my gear stays home in felt Crown Royal bags. The accumulation of old Minolta gear, which hasn't been used for a couple of years now, is resting peacefully in divided cardboard boxes arrayed in some dresser drawers.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My only interchangeable lens system is my Canon EOS system and I have four bodies (two film, two digital) and any excess lenses sit on the spare bodies. Not that I have that many lenses - most of my cameras are rangefinders or viewfinders.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I keep all the equipment I'm not using in two Peli cases that are locked in a metal office cupboard.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have little padded lens pouches that are stored in boxes in my bookshelf, with front and rear caps, and out of the way.
    Usually I stick one lens on the camera and use it for a long time until it occurs to me that I have several others to use.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    35mm
    I use the Lowepro lens cases for my 35mm kit and a small aluminium flight case for the Bronica (although it's no longer quite big enough).

Part of the advantage of shooting older gear is that you can use smaller cases. My 1970s 120mm f2.8 is smaller than a Coke can, you'd struggle to find anything with the same focal length and speed in a small package now. That lives in a Lowepro Lens Case 1S, which fits nicely on a belt and holds the lens snugly.

My only complaint with the Lowepro system is that there's a bit of a gap between sizes. I could do with something like a Lens Case 1.5, as while the 1 isn't quite long enough for my 200mm f4 the 2 is massively oversized.
    Matt

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin