Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,686   Posts: 1,482,311   Online: 951

Shooter
    35mm

Lens cleaning/repair in Europe?

I live in France most of the year, and have a couple of lenses, 1 prime, 1 zoom, that I would like to have properly cleaned internally.
    Does anyone have recommendations for a shop to do this?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    TRY newton and Ellis at http://newtonellis.co.uk I always send any camera and lens repair to them, and have done for a while now with no problems
    Richard

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    michael spencer in the UK does a good job as well. He's doesn't charge much either.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have had three cameras and two lenses for repair/CLA over the last two years with PAEPKE Fototechnik in Düsseldorf. They do a first class job IMO. You can correspond with them in English. You'll find their web site through Google.
    Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I also use Newton Ellis and find them to be excellent. Over the past couple of years they have brought back to life a Rollieflex 3.5F which had been bounced (not by me,btw), a 150mm. Hass. Sonnar, a Hass. ELM body, a Zuiko 50mm. f1.4 and a Swift Audobon 8.5 x 44 bino.. Old gear yes, but now as good as new. They have been in business for many years on Merseyside and I can thoroughly recommend them.
    I'm into painting with light - NOT painting by numbers!

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks, folks.
    I'm going to be in the UK for a while, and in between pints of real ale will contact Mr. Spencer and Newton Ellis and see if they can help me out.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin