Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,595   Online: 1176

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Digital Modul R. Fits both the R8 and R9, and has a 10 megapixel Kodak crop sensor. I'm not sure if you can switch between film and digital in the field though. It's kind of a silly contraption; it reminds me of the Speed Magny for Nikons that has an enlarger lens inside and loses something like five stops of light.
    Last edited by LJSLATER; 11-26-2012 at 08:52 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    How about the Nikon E digital camera which has the reduction lens to reduce the full frame 35mm down to fit the tiny sensor. Although the sensor is smaller than that of the APS-C size there is no crop factor because of the reduction optics in the camera.

Shooter
    35mm
    Ha, I've only read about those. Wasn't there a variant that was B&W only and used CCTV technology? The camera bodies look obese. Very cool though.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Stupid things Camera Companies leave out...

I meant like same image from the same click. As in you take the picture and the film exposes and so does the digital sensor, if movie cameras can do it at 60/fps then surely a stills camera could be made like that.

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    I thought they used a video camera that was mounted to the movie camera to do that? No?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Stupid things Camera Companies leave out...

Quote Originally Posted by Yashinoff View Post
    I thought they used a video camera that was mounted to the movie camera to do that? No?
    Not on today's cameras, at least the high end ones, I only work on large budget movies ($1,000,000 to $500,000,000 budget movies) and the film cameras all have like a floating shutter mirror, so in between shutter clicks (in between frames) a second mirror projects the image onto a sensor then back to the film for the next frame. It's REALY fast, about 1/3 the time it takes for a single frame to go, so if its 24/fps (standard movie) it's 1/3 that speed between frames, but I've seen up to 60/fps cameras that had that video feed function

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    F3 does not have a flash shoe, nor 1/250 flash sync. I had a pair of Nikon f3 bodies for years and I got really annoyed at times.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    But more than anything... Time lapse... I don't for the life of me understand why they can't have an internal timer that allows for you to take an image every 10 minutes or 30 minutes or every hour, it would be easy to program. Drives me nuts....
    I remember I bought a compact samsung in the early nineties that had this feature. I would set it to take a snapshot every thirty minutes and mount it on a tripod and turn it off. Every 30 minutes it would spring back to life, the lens extends and it takes a shot and then the lens retracts back and it shuts itself off waiting for another 30 minutes to elapse before doing the same thing again. It was a nice feature that I put to use maybe once or twice! If it also had anti-theft alarm it would be setting now at the back of my camera closet.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    I remember I bought a compact samsung in the early nineties that had this feature. I would set it to take a snapshot every thirty minutes and mount it on a tripod and turn it off. Every 30 minutes it would spring back to life, the lens extends and it takes a shot and then the lens retracts back and it shuts itself off waiting for another 30 minutes to elapse before doing the same thing again. It was a nice feature that I put to use maybe once or twice! If it also had anti-theft alarm it would be setting now at the back of my camera closet.
    That's a feature all camera's should have, especially pro ones... for stop motion etc, I've never understood some of the things the pro models leave out... it's sad and amazing how stupid some of the companies are.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    That's a feature all camera's should have, especially pro ones... for stop motion etc, I've never understood some of the things the pro models leave out... it's sad and amazing how stupid some of the companies are.
    I think this feature is not considered by makers because it is a feature that, if inadvertently activated, will ruin a roll without the photographer knowing and probably without even understanding why.

Never underestimate the ability of the user to not read the instruction manual or to not understand it. The reputation of the camera maker might suffer, and the feature would probably not drive many sales in any case. Timed sequences require substantially a tripod and most compact cameras don't even have the tripod "screw".
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin