Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,771   Posts: 1,484,310   Online: 1090

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Well it's a good thing they didn't design to the lowest common denominator cause we would only have fully automatic cameras!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Diapositivo View Post
    I think this feature is not considered by makers because it is a feature that, if inadvertently activated, will ruin a roll without the photographer knowing and probably without even understanding why.

Never underestimate the ability of the user to not read the instruction manual or to not understand it. The reputation of the camera maker might suffer, and the feature would probably not drive many sales in any case. Timed sequences require substantially a tripod and most compact cameras don't even have the tripod "screw".
    I said pro cameras... I'm talking about users who wouldn't suffer from those misunderstandings because they are real photographers.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I said pro cameras... I'm talking about users who wouldn't suffer from those misunderstandings because they are real photographers.
    Pro camera (except for may be the F6) don't have this feature as standard but they can be adapted with an intervalometer as all of them have motor drive. That is pro camera. Capable when needed and only when needed.

Shooter
    35mm
    I agree with StoneNYC in observing that, when a pro camera has an in-built motor drive, it should be little effort to incorporate an intervalometer.

Anyway I suppose it should not be difficult to make a separate, universal intervalometre with an electro-meccanic actuation mechanism (some kind of flexible shutter release actuated by a small device at regular intervals). Maybe such a device already exists.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Stupid things Camera Companies leave out...

Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    Pro camera (except for may be the F6) don't have this feature as standard but they can be adapted with an intervalometer as all of them have motor drive. That is pro camera. Capable when needed and only when needed.
    What diopositivo said, the only reason it's not standard is they make more $ as an added feature you have to pay more for, same with GPS tagging and wifi upload capability which you had to pay extra for yet small cheapo cameras have it standard now, it's just screwing the customer for more money. Though that is in reference to new cameras that can't really be mentioned here, but you get my point...

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    Given that most (all?) motor winders use electrical triggering it shouldn't be hard to build such a device.

I have a Jessops-branded winder to fit Pentax M bodies which has a built-in intervalometer with three settings. Only snag is that the shutter button needs to be held down to make it work. It didn't come with the remote trigger and I keep meaning to make one with two switches, a push to make for single shots and a latching switch for the intervalometer. Unless someone makes a double throw switch which has a momentary contact on one side of "off" and a latching one on the other.
    Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pdeeh View Post
    None of my film cameras seem to have the (rather useful) LCD on the back that my digital cameras all feature, so I can't preview my shots. It's a bit annoying really.
    Just cut a hole in the camera back, and you can look right at the film.
    Last edited by lxdude; 02-02-2013 at 07:01 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by williamkazak View Post
    F3 does not have a flash shoe, nor 1/250 flash sync. I had a pair of Nikon f3 bodies for years and I got really annoyed at times.
    Well, it does have a flash shoe- just not a standard one. The finder for the F3P has a standard shoe, as I recall. And then there's the adapter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by desertratt View Post
    And, I believe depth-of-field buttons are worthless. It gets so dark in the viewfinder to render such alleged feature a joke.
    I use mine all the time. Maybe your eyes aren't too good with dim light?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I consider depth of field preview essential. I will not buy an SLR that doesn't have it. The only reason I have one that doesn't is that it was given to me.

I don't use it all the time of course, but I use it a LOT. You get used to it. Especially in a camera with a nice bright viewfinder like my LX and MX, I consider it extremely useful.

Of course I'm used to sticking my head under a darkcloth and making the same evaluation on a view camera ground glass at often smaller apertures. Maybe it takes practice. I've been doing it so long I'm not sure.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin