Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,551   Posts: 1,573,118   Online: 734

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3789101112131415161718 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Stupid things Camera Companies leave out...

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Medium format SLRs have much bigger mirrors thus more effect from the slap. I will shoot with my 35mm SLRs at speeds I wouldn't attempt with my Mamiya 645. 6x6 of course is another step up and yet another to 6x7.

My comment about doing well at 1/30th was referring to 35mm.
    Oh I know I was just saying that mirror shake issues are interdicted past 1/30th in general.

It's more of an issue with super plastic bodies because the body weight is so light it can't counter the weight of the glass mirror.

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    The Pentax ME Super and the Minolta XE-7 have an indicator to show if film is winding properly. Seems overkill as you can judge this by looking at the rewind knob turning as you advance the film. This feature would be most helpful in cameras that mount their flash on top of the rewind knob and prevent you from seeing it turn with film advance like the Minoltax XK or Nikons F, F2 and F3. But these cameras don't have this feature.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Sarile View Post
    The Pentax ME Super and the Minolta XE-7 have an indicator to show if film is winding properly. Seems overkill as you can judge this by looking at the rewind knob turning as you advance the film. This feature would be most helpful in cameras that mount their flash on top of the rewind knob and prevent you from seeing it turn with film advance like the Minoltax XK or Nikons F, F2 and F3. But these cameras don't have this feature.
    The Minolta X-700 has it as well.
    It is not overkill as the case may be that the leader is correctly inserted into the receiving sprocket but the perforations are not correctly engaged by the teeth. When you advance the film the rewind knob will turn, and the film will advance, but not being properly aligned you undergo the risk of an imprecise focusing (film slightly away from focal plane) and of an imperfect spacing between frames.

The indicator moves when the toothed knob near the receiving sprocket turns, that is the sign that the film is properly mounted and teeth engage the perforations.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Multi Format

Auto exposure hold control????

Why oh why did Pentax omit an auto exposure hold button on the LX? That camera is otherwise almost perfect, but without being able to push a button to "freeze" the exposure I have to either use the exposure compensation dial (and probably forget to reset it! Grrrrrr!!) or switch to manual. None of their auto exposure 35mm SLRs have such a feature, except one of the early K models. Oh, the shame!

How many other SLRs have this foolish omission?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You're certainly right about the exposure hold button on the LX. I always expose manually, but it's nice to be able to get the setting wanted, then use the button to hold it.
    I guess it was a philosophical thing with them.
    BTW, at least some later models, like my P3n, do have a hold button.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Large Format
    PC Socket, screw mount cable release, locking shutter release, mirror lockup (or shutter delay) self timer.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Shootar401 View Post
    PC Socket, screw mount cable release, locking shutter release, mirror lockup (or shutter delay) self timer.
    T mode... They just leave B for almost everything when an old fashioned T mode would be so much better for long exposures... Ugh...

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Has any manufacturer made a film camera with shutter counter.. that would make a better indicator of the state of a used camera than going by the state of the outer shell.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    Has any manufacturer made a film camera with shutter counter.. that would make a better indicator of the state of a used camera than going by the state of the outer shell.
    Only on digital cameras sadly....

~Stone

The Important Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shooter
    35mm
    The Fuji GW690 has a 3 digit shutter actuation counter -> http://imagesandcameras.com/fuji-fuj...690-iii-manual

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin