Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,916   Posts: 1,521,812   Online: 1076

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Marketing departments might determine what features a product has, but not advertising agencies.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Stupid things Camera Companies leave out...

So I came upon my first camera bag (box actually) and was going through my old Canon extras and found this...

Now I got all my equipment from my dad when I was 12, and I've NEVER known what this was, it obviously went on the camera strap but I could never figure out what it was for, it didn't fit on the viewfinder so it wasn't for blacking out the viewfinder for long exposures, besides It already had a rubber piece for that...

If it weren't for an APUG member complaint here that they never give you a place to store an extra battery, I would never have realized that's just what this is!!

The battery goes inside, and then the camera strap cloth sort of keeps it from falling out. Now in practice I can't be sure it's very secure, but it's kind of neat to discover this 18 years later...

Thanks APUG!

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    None of my film cameras seem to have the (rather useful) LCD on the back that my digital cameras all feature, so I can't preview my shots. It's a bit annoying really.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pdeeh View Post
    None of my film cameras seem to have the (rather useful) LCD on the back that my digital cameras all feature, so I can't preview my shots. It's a bit annoying really.
    There's no need to be annoyed, if you get enough experience of shooting film you don't need the chimping window at back of the camera, you can visualize what the shot you have just taken will look like in your head.
    Ben

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

I always thought they should have had a hybrid like that... I can't believe they never did, the movie industry did that, have a double mirror that does both film and sends a low quality signal for checking purposes

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    Some Polaroid cameras had that function, I think. You got an immediate (sort of) small preview, the instant picture. And you had a printable negative with certain kind of instant film, hadn't you? So you had both the preview and the real stuff to enlarge. Waaaaay before digital
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Diapositivo View Post
    Some Polaroid cameras had that function, I think. You got an immediate (sort of) small preview, the instant picture. And you had a printable negative with certain kind of instant film, hadn't you? So you had both the preview and the real stuff to enlarge. Waaaaay before digital
    Type 55

Yup

Some guys Massachusetts USA are working on replicating it but it doesn't seem to be very fine from the few nude images I saw taken with it. But I would like some anyway

~Stone

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A filter that automatically photographs all beautiful young women without clothes on. It has a switch so that female owners can do the same with men.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Leica made a hybrid!

http://www.shutterbug.com/content/le...l-back-arrives

The idea didn't seem to catch on, I'm guessing because the digital back cost twice as much as the camera. I'd love to have one, just for the hell of it. I might even take pictures with it.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by LJSLATER View Post
    Leica made a hybrid!

http://www.shutterbug.com/content/le...l-back-arrives

The idea didn't seem to catch on, I'm guessing because the digital back cost twice as much as the camera. I'd love to have one, just for the hell of it. I might even take pictures with it.
    Link doesn't work... What's the name I'll google it...

~Stone

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin