Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,582,046   Online: 765

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A happy ending, yay! I was getting bummed just reading this thread and thinking how I'd feel. I'm glad.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by airgunr View Post
    Just a suggestion but try running an eraser over the contact of the battery. It may be they are just slightly dirty and not making good contact. I'm not sure you can get at the contacts on/in the camera itself but if you can do it to them as well.
    Good call airgunr, and a good learning experience for Mark.

Shooter
    35mm
    "My Nikon F5 just die" THE HELL YOU SAY
    The camera is the most incidental element of photography.

Shooter
    35mm
    For future reference, white vinegar is the absolute jam for cleaning corrosion off of battery contacts. Dissolves it just like chalk.
    The camera is the most incidental element of photography.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by okto View Post
    For future reference, white vinegar is the absolute jam for cleaning corrosion off of battery contacts. Dissolves it just like chalk.
    The residue is alkaline and the vinegar will neutralize it. You can see it working because it will bubble. When it stops bubbling, you're done -- rinse with water.

Glad you got your camera working again. The first two things to look for when you have an electrical problem are contacts and connectors!

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm very happy you got it working again. I also learned a couple of tricks now for cleaning solutions. looks like a win for all of us!
    WJS/wi/usa

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Simpson View Post
    The first two things to look for when you have an electrical problem are contacts and connectors!
    Thank you, copy that...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by airgunr View Post
    I'm very happy you got it working again. I also learned a couple of tricks now for cleaning solutions. looks like a win for all of us!
    Thank you, thats the trick i learned from a friend (who is a mechanics) to clean the contact of my car batterry when he saw mine full of acid residue(dont know what the right term but it green like powder around the contact) he said it will cause a problem someday if i dont remove it...the baking soda desolve them really quick...

Shooter
    35mm
    This F5 is dead, it is demised, it has ceased to be, it is no longer, it has passed on, it is pushing up the daisies, it is an EX-F5!!!

No it's not. It's resting... :-)

Shooter
    35mm
    Looks like we had a resurection so we need to move onto the "Life of Brian"........
    WJS/wi/usa

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin